Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 28 of 39 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 38 39
enthusiast
enthusiast
This conversation is the resolution of her paladin oath/post defeat of Orin
It is very, light, compared to how powerful her introducing her vow of vengence against Orin dialogue was, it's nice and quiet and thoughtful and explores her character a bit but it's, alot less than any other character would get for fulfilling their main character beat. https://www.tumblr.com/evelynstarshine/725333927715323904

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Also- I support the important thread in the suggestions: Let everyone in the Party Speak
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
[video:youtube]
[/video]

Thanks to Larian for Baldurs Gate 3 and the reaction to player feedback
apprentice
apprentice
Man, I wish she wasn't tied to anti-tiefling walkthrough. Hopefully she get character expansion in future updates.

#JusticeForMinthara
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by AlexZebol
Man, I wish she wasn't tied to anti-tiefling walkthrough. Hopefully she get character expansion in future updates.

Shes confirmed as being currently worked on to fix her broken dialogue/triggers. Hopefully a change so she's recruitable in both paths is there too

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Also- I support the important thread in the suggestions: Let everyone in the Party Speak
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Starshine

Shes confirmed as being currently worked on to fix her broken dialogue/triggers. Hopefully a change so she's recruitable in both paths is there too

I saw that on the steam forum some people would like to see her as an Origin character, and play the game as Minthara. But it will change the first act so much that it's an idea for a DLC.

enthusiast
enthusiast
that has also been discussed in this forum

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Originally Posted by Starshine

I saw that on the steam forum some people would like to see her as an Origin character, and play the game as Minthara. But it will change the first act so much that it's an idea for a DLC.

Doubtful, as she was with the Absolute for some time. Will need some major rewrites for that. I'd be fine with her being just recruitable companion. Just remove the exclusivity bs. She's not really evil, just brainwashed.
Same as Minsc, who, judging by in-game files, was supposed to make appearance in Act 1.

#JusticeForMinthara
stranger
stranger
As much as I would love to have her as an origin character, not being restricted to evil decisions in order to recruit her would be enough for me. She would fit perfectly in the player's party, no matter if you play as evil, good or neutral.

Last edited by CatXiphos; 20/08/23 04:21 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
Minthara surviving the 2nd battle at the Grove would open up recruitment for a good/neutral path. You help defend the Grove, she gets wounded instead of killed, and when you get close with the artifact she is cut off from the Absolute. If you spare her life she escapes, and you find her imprisoned in Moonrise later. This scenario seems minimally disruptive to the current flow of events.

stranger
stranger
I really like your idea. It's important that the artifact is cutting off the connection to the absolute as you mentioned, so the player can see the real Minthara for a bit to feel sympathy when meeting her at moonrise.
Maybe while she is wounded, you can explore her fears like during the romance scene with her.

Originally Posted by CatXiphos
I really like your idea. It's important that the artifact is cutting off the connection to the absolute as you mentioned, so the player can see the real Minthara for a bit to feel sympathy when meeting her at moonrise.
Maybe while she is wounded, you can explore her fears like during the romance scene with her.
During her romance scene I wondered why the artifact blocks out Minthara's connection to Absolute. Act 3 implies
that the Artifact's protection is contingent on the Emperor and only works when he wants it to since he refuses to do the same thing for Minsc.

L
addict
addict
L
It seems likely that this is a relic of cut content. Indicators point towards the plot concerning
the emperor/Daisy/Orpheus
was overhauled fairly late into development. Of note, consider the similar scene with
Nere where his connection to the Absolute could be severed. This seems like it was intended to be some sort of reoccurring trait/ability we were going to encounter/utilize in the original story.

Last edited by Leucrotta; 22/08/23 10:37 PM.
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
It would be grand if they just make it so that you can knock her out and the game doesn't treat her as dead, and lets you rescue her from the Moonrise Towers (just as if you skip the gobbos/druids).

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Zzdtri
It would be grand if they just make it so that you can knock her out and the game doesn't treat her as dead, and lets you rescue her from the Moonrise Towers (just as if you skip the gobbos/druids).

She must survive the first act anyway, it must be scripted

stranger
stranger
I hope the developers will hear our voices and give her back everything they owe.
Perhaps each of us should write a feedback via the form on their website. It looks like they're reading this.

enthusiast
enthusiast
there's a form on the website?

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by ALNoire
I hope the developers will hear our voices and give her back everything they owe.
Perhaps each of us should write a feedback via the form on their website. It looks like they're reading this.

Is there any link? To create a petition, and a separate topic with a link to this form

stranger
stranger
I love her bros. This drow has the biggest SOUL.
I find it unacceptable that the best companion in the game was railroaded into the murderhobo path, even though she isn't evil at all frown

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Grim997
I love her bros. This drow has the biggest SOUL.
I find it unacceptable that the best companion in the game was railroaded into the murderhobo path, even though she isn't evil at all frown
#JusticeForMinthara

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
So its impossible to recruit her without all the tiefling killing thing - right? Sad. But as far as I know in previous games and games alike its a normal thing that you dont have acess to just any character depending on your aligment or choices. We shouldnt behave like spoiled kids who wants everything otherwise everything loses its value. Nothing metters because you can get anything you want. Forbidden fruit as to say. We crave something we cant have more and value it more. Also from game design perspective we are given a reason to replay the game as evil. Tho I personally never play evil characters if possible.

Page 28 of 39 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard