I had this problem too. I'm using Steam, so I tried to launch it through the Steam client but when the Larian launcher would load and I'd click on 'Play', it would just result in a prompt telling me the game crashed and I should verify the integrity of the files. No matter how many times I tried that, it would not fix it. I fully uninstalled and then reinstalled the game too but it didn't help. I also tried getting the latest version of the Microsoft Visual C++ package (which I already had installed) but it didn't fix the issue. Both the bg3.exe and bg3_dx11.exe already had checkmarks to run as administrator, so I launched the game through those executables and I was able to play the game. However, using the Larian launcher, I'd still get crash prompts so I decided to go to the 'Launcher' folder in the game install directory and I checkmarked 'Run as administrator' on the LariLauncher.exe and it worked. The game so far runs perfectly fine, and I can launch the game from the Steam client, just as I do for any other game now.

Last edited by T2Apex; 16/01/23 08:06 AM.