Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I did NOT originate this build - Obviously - its been around for a while. However a lot of people don't seem to know about it so I am writing it out.

Choose Githyanki
Choose Wizard

Stats:
Str: 12 (21 with Elixir of Hill Giant Strength which last UNTIL long rest now)
Dex: 14
Con: 14
Int: 16 (18)
Wis: 10
Chr: 8

Starting spells:
Cantrips: - Light, Shocking Grasp, Blade Ward (you get Mage hand for free)
Ist Level - Burning Hands, Magic Missile, Find Familiar, Thunderwave, disguise Self, Feather Fall

You can pick up Fire Bolt from the second room on the Nautaloid, so don't bother learning this in Character Creation.

I cannot stress enough how important it is to get Light (Lasts 100 rounds, No Concentration, can be cast on your melee character to illuminate the space close to mobs) since you do NOT have Darkvision.

Also Shocking Grasp is one of the most important early spells for ALL Wizards, Sorcerers, and Locks. It is a Melee Range spell, which means you don't get disadvantage for casting it in melee range! Also if it connects it strips an enemy NPC of thier reaction so they cant Opportunity Attack you.

Take Lae'zels armor (kill, recruit and steal whatever) and wear it. Since you have proficiency in med armor you can cast spells while wearing armor. This should give you 17AC with your +2 DEX.

Take Evocation so you get the ability Sculpt Spell (cannot hit allies with Evocation spells such as Thudnerwave, Burning Hands, Fireball, Shatter, Chromatic Orb) so blast away.

Every long rest make sure you buy all the Elixir's of Hill Giant Strength from Auntie Ethel. Don't kill auntie. ever! These elixirs last until long rest now. You now effectively have 21 STR at all times.

Get the Sword of Justice from the Toll House. Githyanki have proficiency in 2 hand swords and longswords. use its ability to cast Shield of Faith on yourself. You now have 19AC.

Get a metal Helmet and wear it to protect from crits.

Congratulations, you are now a total badass with 19AC, immunity to crits and a ton of offensive evocation spells and a two hander that does 2d6 + 6 damage = 8-18 damage.

At level 4 take +2 to Int ASI.

At level 5 grab Fireball and whatever else. Melt faces.

Blackheifer
L
addict
addict
L
I thought you were going to go full muscle wizard and take GWM!

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by LostSoul
I thought you were going to go full muscle wizard and take GWM!

You totally could. I kind of left it open on whether you would go GWM or +2 int.

Blackheifer

Link Copied to Clipboard