Hi everyone,

I've been thinking through this issue. Please, before we start casting votes...

-First, some questions. Why did the site administrators do this? I know it has something to do with spam but then did they give a detailed explanation? Do they think we're cheating and if so, is it possible to explain what is happening truthfully? Then again, maybe they didn't want the thing to crash like last time when we voted too much. If we keep voting up, those people might get suspicious. I'm not totally sure about this right now but I'd proceed through this carefully.

-We could stop overvoting and vote less but then how would we deal with the large number of downvoting then? I think a talk with those site administrators may be in order...

-I'm just concerned about what the site administrators are really doing. I want to know the true motivation behind their actions. In fact, if they did something like erase so many of the votes without changing the rating, it's a mixed message. It may be because of spam but as I said maybe it's to prevent the thing from crashing. When I say caution and care, I mean if we continue to pile up a large number of votes, what will the site administrators do? Will they continue to erase the number of votes or will they change our rating or even make it go down? I'm concerned about the consequences of what happens if the site administrators think we're voting too much. I just don't want it to be a bad one.

Thanks for reading,
Lockmar

Last edited by Lockmar; 13/08/03 03:37 AM.

"It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end." -Ursula K. Le Guin www.hungersite.com