Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I tried downloading, installing , repairing - worked fine before now I cantr play at all.

No other game has rewarded my low impulse control with so many glorious unintended consequences.
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
There was an issue with .net when patch 9 first released, though I thought that had been fixed. But if your game is definitely fully up-to-date you could try the workaround to that issue, which was to manually run the executable, which should be in your game files, eg:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldurs Gate 3\DotNetCore\windowsdesktop-runtime-6.0.11-win-x64.exe

If yours is a different problem, though, perhaps if you could explain a bit more about what error message you're seeing and when, then someone else might recognise the issue as one they've come across and be able to help.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
B
B
You should get the latest version which as of right now is 6.0.13
You can download it directly from Microsoft: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet/6.0

The direct download link is https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/...ime-desktop-6.0.13-windows-x64-installer

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
I'm still having the same problem (and yes, I DID update the dotnet framework). I normally play out of GOG, so the workaround to directly run the executable is different from the Steam one identified by Red Queen:

...\GOG Galaxy\Games\Baldurs Gate 3\bin\bg3_dx11.exe

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Hmm, I’m afraid I’m out of ideas in that case. Have you tried submitting a support request to Larian directly? That might be more effective if you’re seeing a problem that isn’t widely encountered by other players.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by NorthernHick
I'm still having the same problem (and yes, I DID update the dotnet framework). I normally play out of GOG, so the workaround to directly run the executable is different from the Steam one identified by Red Queen:

...\GOG Galaxy\Games\Baldurs Gate 3\bin\bg3_dx11.exe
1st the workaround by Red Queen is for running the dotnet installer not Bg3 so your Gog install doesn't matter

2nd you say you already installed the correct Dotnet... please see (for details on running the right installer)
https://windowsforum.com/threads/how-to-get-bg3-patch-9-to-work-after-updating.263501/
as the dotnet Larian linked to is wrong... dotnet has been updated again since this issue but the 6.0.12 works and i have not tested 6.0.13 as it isn't needed to run the game

now you say you run on Gog but Galaxy has been updated to give a new Larian launcher which doesn't check the Dotnet so running a verify should download that launcher as a work around;

are you running off line patches instead of Galaxy install?

are you running on a Windows OS that isn't 10 [i.e, 8.1 or 11] are you running on a Mac?

i see two basic options here: you are running a OS that diesn't use DotNet 6.0.12 or you installed it incorrect i.e, Windows 11 is blocking access to the DotNet files... its also possible your Game files are corrupt or you just have a totally different issue blocking your game but without details who knows?

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.

Link Copied to Clipboard