Originally Posted by UnknownEvil
Another thing is a complete missing conversation.

I wanted to try to talk to halsin while in his bear form...as a druid or with speak with animal that should be possible. Getting near the cage triggers the cutscene though.

Now i went to the door in catshape but could not talk to him through the gates.

Jumped in the cage, still not possible to talk to him. Reverting to normal triggers the cutscene with the PC standing outside the cage again.

Would really be nice to have a chat with him like this smile

It certainly doesn’t seem possible to speak with any animals when your (PC) druid is wildshaped, but I have no idea if this correct per RAW or not. It makes sense that your character can’t speak to animals as they can’t speak, but you’d think that they could understand them. And it would also make sense that another character who had speak with animals active could understand your character, so two wildshaped druids both with speak with animals could have a conversation. But again, I’ve no idea if this is how the spell actually works.

With respect to talking to Halsin if he’s in bear form but you’re not wildshaped, that should work iirc, but within the cutscene. I’ve not tried it for a while, though.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"