Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
K
kasmar Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
I was sort of shocked when I saw the price being asked for Baldurs gate 3. I would really be curious to see how many units Larin expect to sell at $259 I would also be curious to know how many parents are going to pop for $259 to buy a game for their kid. I will just wait until they have a 50% off sale.

G
addict
addict
G
That is the price of the Collector's Edition. The actual game is $59.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by gaymer

You realize you could have sold him the game for $130 and made a $70 profit? This is why you are poor! :P

Blackheifer
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Blackheifer

You realize you could have sold him the game for $130 and made a $70 profit? This is why you are poor! :P
Chaotic evil

Last edited by virion; 31/01/23 11:45 AM. Reason: forgot the quote

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
veteran
veteran

grin

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by kasmar
how many parents are going to pop for $259 to buy a game for their kid.
I would also recommend doing some research before buying the game for their kids.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Wormerine
Originally Posted by kasmar
how many parents are going to pop for $259 to buy a game for their kid.
I would also recommend doing some research before buying the game for their kids.

Yes, only parents happy for their kids to be exposed to adult content, or whose kids are adults, should do this smile.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
I simply can't believe that the OP joined these forums just to post this ridiculous statement. NO WAY this is legit.

So they haven't been following BG3 for the last 3 years through EA, saw SOMEWHERE, that the collector's edition is $259, and decided to join the official Larian forums and start a new thread to tell everyone that they like the game (not sure how if they haven't purchased it yet for $59) but can't afford to buy it...

Prove me wrong kasmar. Please let us know a little about yourself. I'd love to eat crow right now and find out this is a real person. But I just don't buy it.

There's SO much of this type of ridiculousness now a days. Social media is filled with questions and statements that are so obviously just bait to get people to comment on to boost exposure.

Like random person asking on FB when Paladin class is coming out 3 days after it came out and 50 people "in the know" answering without bothering to read the last 49 answers to the question...

Just an old man ranting...thanks for listening :hihi:

veteran
veteran
agreed, the first result on google with "baldur's gate 3 price" is $60 USD. If you click on the steam link, it states the price very obviously in local currency, which is also NOT $259.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Or, hear me out, instead of piling on someone who is either a) obviously trolling, or b) legitimately confused (the only two possible options), ignore the thread or just answer the question and move on.

Why do nerds ALWAYS feel the need to turn things in to fights and arguments?

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by pachanj
Or, hear me out, instead of piling on someone who is either a) obviously trolling, or b) legitimately confused (the only two possible options), ignore the thread or just answer the question and move on.

While nerd culture has always inordinately prioritized being right, now that’s just a larger part of internet culture in general. I have to work really hard to deprogram myself away from the impulse. Don’t always succeed, of course. The thing that really gets me is when people use the terms high and low fantasy wrong (almost nobody knows what they mean and it has nothing to do with the amount of magic in the world), but I try really hard to just say “I don’t care” and walk away.

veteran
veteran

Um, excuse me. I reserve the right to exploit the foolish. From my perspective it is a form of charity, even altruism - they are learning a valuable lesson for a reasonable fee.

Blackheifer

You mean...like you just did here? ;-)
For the record, 9 out of 10 times this nerd DOES ignore the comment and move on. If I didn't I would do nothing but complain about stupid crap on forums all day long...

Um, excuse me. I reserve the right to exploit the foolish. From my perspective it is a form of charity, even altruism - they are learning a valuable lesson for a reasonable fee.

Aye, so they do!

Last edited by iBowfish; 31/01/23 06:17 PM.
P
journeyman
journeyman
P
It's still an individual's choice to behave that way. "That's the internet!" is a really passive aggressive excuse to be a dick to people.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Originally Posted by iBowfish
Case, meet point.

veteran
veteran

Despite your insinuation that being a nerd is a bad thing, I'm proudly a nerd, and all you've done here is make MORE drama. So if that's what you're going for, well done? And yes, this NERD responded to you, deal with it.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by iBowfish
Case, meet point.
I always say, this is a forum for a video game. For a CRPG. I'm not trying to be mean to anyone here, but for those spending time on a forum for a CRPG which isn't even out yet is... well, let's just say it's going to attract a specific type of person. Everyone's "trying" to be "right," in their own way, with varying degrees of success. Warlocke hits the nail on the head. But at least we can have fun with it as long as we are civil! laugh

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Boblawblah

Despite your insinuation that being a nerd is a bad thing, I'm proudly a nerd, and all you've done here is make MORE drama. So if that's what you're going for, well done? And yes, this NERD responded to you, deal with it.

You shouldn’t take what he said as a personal attack. I’ve been a nerd all of my life but I can’t ignore that there is a toxic part of the culture.

veteran
veteran
show me a specific group of people that don't have a toxic part of their culture and I'll admit they have a point, otherwise they're just pointing out "nerd" just to try to belittle someone.

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
show me a specific group of people that don't have a toxic part of their culture and I'll admit they have a point, otherwise they're just pointing out "nerd" just to try to belittle someone.

I absolutely don’t think that is what they intended, I do t think it reads that way at all, and I think you are just projecting something onto the statement which wasn’t there.

Speaking as a nerd, nerds are well known for arguing and trying to always be right. It’s been that way for a long time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard