Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
apprentice
apprentice
Okay, well there's no denying it's a troll since going to the official website clearly says you're pre-ordering the collector's edition (for 259) with no room for the confusion which OP is allegedly under.

But still, the price combined with what you get for it means that there shouldn't be mass appeal for the collector's edition and that only very highly dedicated fans who can also very easily spare the money will buy it.

K
kasmar Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
I find I must apologize for my original post. It was a little confusing though on the price. I clicked on the preorder and it took me to Larian's page where I clicked on preorder again. It took me to the collectors edition with the price of $259. There were no other options that I could see, so I figured that was the price they were asking. I have since then seen the $60 price on steams page.

Somebody asked for me to define myself. I will try to do that with as little information as possible. Let me start by saying I have probably been playing games on my computer since the early 80s, probably before most of you were born. I'm trying to remember the first game I played but at my age that is a little difficult. I think it was a DND game, either that or the bards tale. I played this game on my Commodore 64 which again is probably older than most of you on this board. And in this same time frame I discovered muds and I played those for a few years I believe my first online game was again called Ultima online. I played that game for several years and was a senior counselor for at least two years. I ended my association with Ultima online after engaging in a heated argument with Richard Garriot about starting a PVE server and was told that would never happen with Ultima online. It was just about that time EverQuest made its debut and I instantly fell in love with that game. I played EverQuest for many years the last two years of which I was a senior guide on the Brislebane server. I was senior guide Elindill. I'm not going to list all the games I have played since then, for that would take the next couple of pages.

I play Baldurs gate on steam. I've had that game for very long time. I don't remember where I first got it I also do not remember how much I paid for when I first got it. I don't think it was published by Larian back then

addict
addict
Originally Posted by kasmar
I find I must apologize for my original post. It was a little confusing though on the price. I clicked on the preorder and it took me to Larian's page where I clicked on preorder again. It took me to the collectors edition with the price of $259. There were no other options that I could see, so I figured that was the price they were asking. I have since then seen the $60 price on steams page.

@kasmar : I thought something like that might have happened. That happens ^^ Glad you found the steam page!

veteran
veteran
I played this game on my Commodore 64
(...)
I play Baldurs gate on steam. I've had that game for very long time. I don't remember where I first got it I also do not remember how much I paid for when I first got it. I don't think it was published by Larian back then
I loved Commodore64. I have very fond memories of that machine.

Baldur's Gate3 or Baldur's Gate1&2?

BG1&2 were made by Bioware and published by Black Isle, an RPG devision of Interplay, boh of which ceased to exist (Bioware still is in the business). Some years ago rights to those games were acquired by Beamdog who made Enhanced Edition of those games and re-released them on different platforms.

Baldur's Gate3 is made and published by Larian as they are independed studio. It's been released two years ago in early access on Steam and GoG and was, is and will be $60. What you found is uber-expensive collector's edition for those who really want physical goodies it provides.

Last edited by Wormerine; 03/02/23 12:42 PM.
addict
addict
@kasmar

Welcome to the forums where we are like a family! We argue, complain, laugh and sometime agree on what the color red is! Being a good sport here and having thick skin is a good trait (even Larian avoids us in their own forums). Heck most of us spend our free time arguing with Niara and RagnarokCzD about the nuances of well anything D&D.

Early 80’s gamer myself. Started with an Atari on a black and white TV and playing the colecovision with it’s amazing controller (even played the old pong game a friend found at a yard sale [R.I.P. Mickey])!

Last edited by avahZ Darkwood; 03/02/23 01:52 PM.

Somebody asked for me to define myself. I will try to do that with as little information as possible. Let me start by saying I have probably been playing games on my computer since the early 80s, probably before most of you were born. I'm trying to remember the first game I played but at my age that is a little difficult. I think it was a DND game, either that or the bards tale. I played this game on my Commodore 64 which again is probably older than most of you on this board. And in this same time frame I discovered muds and I played those for a few years I believe my first online game was again called Ultima online. I played that game for several years and was a senior counselor for at least two years. I ended my association with Ultima online after engaging in a heated argument with Richard Garriot about starting a PVE server and was told that would never happen with Ultima online. It was just about that time EverQuest made its debut and I instantly fell in love with that game. I played EverQuest for many years the last two years of which I was a senior guide on the Brislebane server. I was senior guide Elindill. I'm not going to list all the games I have played since then, for that would take the next couple of pages.

Thank you for coming back to feed me my crow!
Well met!

You've had quite the experience and it seems we are probably of an age.
My first computer experience was also with a Commodore 64 owned by a friend, in a grocery store break room. UO was my first MMORPG as well. Never had the pleasure of talking to Garriot himself though! I played on the Great Lakes server until a group of us started up a private shard called LeaVarius and then started customizing with C Sharp. We then moved on to a entirely custom map on a new shard but shortly thereafter WoW stole all of our players. Fond memories though!

In any case, I cry your pardon.

Long days and pleasant nights!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by avahZ Darkwood
Heck most of us spend our free time arguing with Niara and RagnarokCzD about the nuances of well anything D&D.
Not sure if i should feel flatered ... or sory for Niara to be put in same box with me. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
P
journeyman
journeyman
P
tangent not meant to be followed: Times of Lore on C64 is an underrated protoARPG masterpiece.

Last edited by pachanj; 03/02/23 06:25 PM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard