Originally Posted by UnknownEvil
Originally Posted by erastes110
93% to change to an action seems definitive to me...

True,

what came to my mind while writing the post above before this is that maybe they really have problems coding it like it is intended in 5e. Since shove is not a standard action. If you use dash, you cannot attack anymore and vice versa. But if you attack while having extra attacks shove just reduces your attacks by one.

So if you shove you can still attack or the other way around (given you have multiple attacks). Maybe they were not able to make it work properly and decided to make it a BA instead.
I strongly doubt this. For one, Larian's a big boy game developer now: work it out.

But mainly, Shove was a bonus action way back at the release of the EA, before level 5 and extra attacks were implemented. Larian could just have implemented it to cost your Action Point at that time. Plus: currently level 5 extra attacks seem to work properly, no? And it works fine when you smite (or other attack-equivalent icon ability) on certain attacks? Just make shove work similarly to that, costing the same resource.