Originally Posted by mrfuji3
Originally Posted by UnknownEvil
As i mentioned above shove is not a normal standard action since it has to interact with the attack action in a way that no other action does. It is not simply changing from BA to action.

If they cannot do it, do not want to do it or just think it is too much effort for that change remains speculative.
Shove interacts with the attack action in the exact same way that the attack action works, and Larian has already gotten the attack action (specifically, Extra Attack) to work in BG3. Thus, they could get the Shove action to work properly by having it cost the same resource as an attack.

I do not think that is correct.

I wrote it before but here it is again:

Actions like dash, disengage etc. will not allow you attack in that round. Shove on the other hand just "uses up" one of your attacks from the attack action (if you have multiple). As long as we do not have an extra attack declaring shove exactly as any other action would work i guess.

As soon as a character gets more than one attack per his attack action, that would fail because normally actions cancel each other out. You attack, you cant dash anymore and vice versa. If you use shove, you would not be able to execute your second attack anymore. Given shove is coded as any other action.

I still hope they change it.