Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I am doing an honor mode playthrough (can't load a previous save) and I am stuck in camp. Astarion shows he has something to talk about, but he doesn't and it won't let me leave the camp or long rest. I tried talking to everyone else in camp including scratch. I have tried swapping out all my companions and talking to different people. I have tried loading the game on different consoles/PC and it still has the same problem. At this point I am stuck. frown Waiting for September for the next patch is a long time to wait for this to get fixed. If anyone has any other ideas for me to try I would appreciate it.

B
old hand
old hand
B
I had this - or similar - problem. Try clicking on the fireplace.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I was very hopeful when I saw your reply. I tried the fireplace and everything else around it and I am still stuck. Thank you for the suggestion though. Maybe someone will come up with the secret recipe that will let me proceed.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Kill all companions for revival later?

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Thank you Buba68! I did try and kill Astarion once and it didn't work, but I tried again after your suggestion and I got past the bug! I think the first time I tried killing Astarion I did not realize he had death ward cast on him, so when he came back to life with the exclamation point gone and I tried to sleep I must have thought the bug was still preventing me from leaving. This time I killed him, he came back to life (because of death ward), then I killed him a second time. After that I could leave camp. The really strange thing is that when the cutscene triggered and it progressed the story Astarion was alive! i did not need to go to Withers and resurrect him he was just alive again as soon as the cutscene ended.

I am so happy I can play BG3 again. I have been toying with other games while waiting to get past this, but I was just wishing I could get back to BG3 the entire time I was playing them.

B
old hand
old hand
B
I'm delighted to have been helpful.

I've seen the "kill and revive" trick mentioned in several workarounds, I simply passed on the knowledge.
BTW - you lucky person! You got to kill Astarion twice! <3 :P

Last edited by Buba68; 27/06/24 08:00 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard