Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by The_Red_Queen
Sorry, @Ragnarok, I don’t understand your last question quoted here?
Oh its not even really a question. smile

I just feel that in some cases (but i admit it may be due to my bad english) that WotC simply dont want to give deffinitve answers, that in some cases there simply is no "official way" to do things, bcs rules can be read in multiple ways and they all are corect.

Ah! I understand.

I’m still pretty new to 5e but even I recognise that tendency you mention, and that WotC seem to want to say the minimum possible. I guess that it is fair to want to preserve flexibility and the ability of DMs to make the calls that they feel best at their tables, even if the fact they are not forthcoming on some topics is frustrating to folk like me who would prefer them to be unambiguous.

If this is genuinely a case like this, and Jeremy Crawford’s semi-explanatory tweet to someone who asked this question saying “If you take the Attack action and have multiple attacks, you can replace any of them with a grapple/shove” is the last word on the matter, then I guess Larian would have to make the DM call, IF they swapped Shove from a BA at all.

If WotC genuinely didn’t want to further clarify their intentions, then I’d not care which call Larian made, though I do think that ANY option that swapped Shove to an action from a bonus action for everyone who didn’t have a specific feat (or perhaps a magic item) would be an improvement. Though not enough of an improvement without also reducing distance and making sure it could be contested by Athletics OR Acrobatics. I mention the latter only because I think I saw someone here mention once that Acrobatics was always used, though that’s not something I’ve looked into myself and hope isn’t true.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"