Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Come to think of it, it's kind of fascinating in a twisted way that people who play a game whose basic component is their own imagination ... demand strict rules. laugh

Seems little counterintuitive, doesnt it? laugh

I think not, when we consider the purpose of those rules to maintain a fun balance and keep things fair.

If imagination were the only factor, it would be less like a game, and more like telling a story. And, in my case, probably not a very good one! What I enjoy is the ability to use my imagination within the constraints of - and also prompted by - the rules.

Plus, given it’s a computer game, unless we want BG3 to randomly pick between interpretations or be programmed to pick different interpretations at different times, which would be definite choices in themselves, it’s going to have to pick one. So we still need a definitive rule in the end, even if it’s one Larian has to make a call on as the DM rather than one WotC demand.

Last edited by The_Red_Queen; 03/02/23 03:48 PM.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"