Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by The_Red_Queen
Originally Posted by Salo
We had a check a while back and we found out that ironically Gale is both the most attacked... and the most romanced 😅

Interesting. Though admittedly I’ve to date never intentionally killed any potential companion except Gale, and that was only because I was testing stuff related to his death scene. I don’t know if that’s enough to skew the results, but suspect he’d probably die less if his scene when he did wasn’t both so fun and tied into getting to know his story!
I bet it is. If the 'Romancing Gale' debug thread is anything to go my, triggering his death scene is part of trying to get his finicky romance online. Cool to see he's the most romanced. I think I blow past his affinity checks because we're usually so simpatico, that I get what amounts to friend-zoned most of the time.

Last edited by Sozz; 08/02/23 11:31 PM. Reason: link added
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by fylimar
The only companion, I often kill, is Astarion. I find his recruitment kind of difficult- do I really want the guy, who attacks me with a knife, around my camp?

Understandable, but I’ve always thought my characters would sympathise with him being jumpy, and he does back off and apologise before things get really serious. My nicer PCs would tend to be forgiving, and less nice ones know they could have done the same and aren’t usually going to automatically dismiss a potentially valuable ally just on the basis of a bumpy start. And given it’s never come to him seriously trying to hurt my PC in that scene, it feels more natural to just refuse to join up with him rather than actually kill him if my PC really doesn’t trust him.

Astarion’s second strike during the bite scene is another matter, but even there it feels a bit sudden to just kill him. If he goes for a third strike in the full release then things are likely to go far worse for him with some of my PCs though!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
We had a check a while back and we found out that ironically Gale is both the most attacked... and the most romanced 😅
Lover's squabbles no doubt.

Would "attacking" include killing Astarion during the bite cutscene, or does it refer to systemic attacks only?

veteran
veteran
Gale is the most attacked...
Corect me if im wrong, but isnt Gale basicaly the only one you can attack during dialogue? O_o

I mean, im quite sure there is no way to kill Astarion (anymore ... *angry disaprooving noises*)
Im quite sure that you can either send Shadowheart her way, or let her join you ... but unless you are Githyanki, there is also no hostility between you two.
And with Lae'zel, unless you specificly join forces with those Tieflings ... you get two (or more?) options to change your mind and join her instead during dialogue, even if you start as hostile towards her.
And with Wyll unless i remember incorectly, there is again no option to be as hostile as with Gale.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
addict
addict
I had to kill Gale just to get that death scene so his romance would advance before saving the Tieflings.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
OP Offline
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by avahZ Darkwood
I had to kill Gale just to get that death scene so his romance would advance before saving the Tieflings.
I am worried that companion story and dialogue progression will be blocked or hindered by the need for extremely specific sequences of events. I hope Larian has a way of solving that problem. It would be a shame if we miss out on developing our companions based on a technicality of playstyle.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Sozz
I bet it is. If the 'Romancing Gale' debug thread is anything to go my, triggering his death scene is part of trying to get his finicky romance online. Cool to see he's the most romanced. I think I blow past his affinity checks because we're usually so simpatico, that I get what amounts to friend-zoned most of the time.

Gale’s quest and romance triggers are still something of a mystery and there’s still stuff to fix here. But my patch 9 checks reveal we don’t (any more?) need to trigger his death scene to get the romance even if we blow past the early approval increases. Though it does sometimes seem to move things along a little faster, so it’s understandable if people are still doing it.

I still find I have to long rest more than I’d otherwise need to in order to get the romance arc to play out in time to spend the night at the party, though it is possible to get his Mystra and loss scenes (which can include expressing mutual romantic interest) after the party. There’s nowhere to go after that in EA, but my hope is that in the full game Gale’s romance will actually be a slower burn which would avoid needing to long rest spam, and also would make more narrative sense to me.

Apologies that this is a bit off topic, but I’m hopefully saving some alternative universe Gales’ lives by reassuring folk he doesn’t need to die to progress his quest!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
K
journeyman
journeyman
K
As far as I know, you can still kill him after he bites you? Or did they remove this recently, I mean I beat the EA recently on a patch 9 co-op with a friend of mine, which was give or take, 1,5 months ago?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Kimuriel
As far as I know, you can still kill him after he bites you? Or did they remove this recently, I mean I beat the EA recently on a patch 9 co-op with a friend of mine, which was give or take, 1,5 months ago?
Nope, you can kill him then still.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
D
addict
addict
D
This poll needs a "none of the above" option.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
OP Offline
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by dwig
This poll needs a "none of the above" option.
Sure I agree, but I think it's a bit late to say that all the companions need to go back to the drawing board. What do you feel is the lesser of all evil here?

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
veteran
veteran
I don't agree, if you can't judge the characters you've been given and come up with anything you like, that's impressive.

veteran
veteran
I think Ragnarok was specifically talking about attacking characters when first meeting them, at least that's the only way it makes sense. It's contradicted a little by Lae'zel, but everyone's big gripe is Astarion, who attacks us, but can't be summarily killed.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard