Originally Posted by Lotus Noctus
Originally Posted by sublimeclown
BUT I think the distance is too far. It's a great tactic to shove people off the edge of a cliff or ledge, but they don't need to go flying across the screen (as satisfying as that is lol).

Exactly bcs for this we have Thunderwave and probably other similiar upcoming spells / skills like Fist of Unbroken Air or Gust of Wind.

Also Eldritch Blast+Repelling Blast (Warlock), Pushing Attack (Battle Master Fighter), Thorn Whip (Druid), Arrow of Roaring Thunder. Nearly any class has access to some kind of push effect, or can if using magical arrows, making it a pretty redundant system. In practice wider access - without shifting balance in favor of melee strength builds as is the case currently with overly buffed Shove and Jump.

This goes double for weapon dipping; another overly redundant system that can be replicated by a number of cantrips, spells and potions while adding little beyond needless complexity. Weapon skills (that I kind of like if opened up a bit) are another similar effect that adds more bloat.

For me the current implementation of Shove isn't satisfying nor funny. Well, it is ridiculous - but not in a good way.