Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
D
WARNING: THIS IS JUST A STUPID SILLY WHIM OF MINE, DO NOT TAKE IT SERIOUSLY. I REPEAT, DO NOT TAKE IT SERIOUSLY.

So, assuming you play your class as stereotypically as possible, which class do you think would be best at wooing each companion?

My thoughts are:

Wyll-Bard, Wyll comes off as really arrogant but I get the impression that he knows that and is just playing it up for laughs (I could be wrong.) That said, a bard singing his praises would probably be something he would enjoy immensely.

Gale-Bard or Wizard. If you meet Gale as a bard he says that he's into and writes poetry (sadly, this is never followed up upon!). But Gale seems to enjoy scholars and people able to discuss heady subjects, and enjoys a good song or tale. So either a wizard to 'talk shop' with or a bard to swap stories/poetry with.

Lae'Zel: Rogue? Lae'Zel seems to be interested in exactly two things, martial pragmatizm and Gith superiority. So the ability to take your opponents down quickly and efficiently (with sneak attack) seems to be her jam. She also seems to have no regard for others (or their posessions) if they would help her, so a Rogues perchant for sticky fingers she would probably find useful. Fighter or Barbarian might also work, though she probably would not like barbarians for being 'too emotional.'

Shadowheart-I dunno . . .Cleric of Shar or Oathbreaker Paladin? She respects Shar worshipers so anyone of that religious bent would probably get on her good side right quick. She also seems to enjoy people who are pragmatic so a Rogue like Lae'Zel would probably also not go amiss.

Asterion-Fighter Asterion strikes me as a bit of a cowered, or at least 'risk adverse.' So a big wall of meat and plate mail in between him and the enemy is probably good in his eyes, and if that also helps him set up for the sneak attack, all the better. Not Paladins though . . . he wants to be as pragmatic as possible, not all goody-goody. He also enjoys the finer things in life so probably someone with the Noble background?

Last edited by Degausser; 12/02/23 08:08 PM.
veteran
veteran
Lae'zel seem to me more like type for Ranger, than Rogue ...
Rogue often (not all the time tho) needs someone to distract their target, in order to use Sneak Attack, or gain some advantage (not in mechanical sense of that word) from some other ... influences.
Rangers on the other hand are often described as self sufficient, learned, but still effective in combat.

Also, i wouldnt be surprised if Lae'zel would consider Rogue attempt to stealth and sneak around the enemy as cowardice.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
V
stranger
stranger
V
I romanced Shadowheart pretty successfully with a Paladin in good standing (Oath of the Ancients). In an earlier run through my Wizard was doing OK with her too, but I ultimately gave up on that party.

I don't think you could convince me to romance Astarion or even Gale, lol. Both of them have an off-putting arrogance.

I don't really want to work hard enough to get through Lae'zel's shell. I think I would start with a Githyanki character though.

D
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
D
ROFL, One of the things that I saw that started this thread was a youtube meme where Lae'Zel sees the red dragon and says something like "Were I to ride a red dragon!" And the player raises an eyebrow and then it smashcuts to the character creation screen where the youtuber is making a 1/2 elf male Red Dragon Bloodline sorcerer! LOL.

old hand
old hand
A class with high Charisma? Anyway, I think that your choices make a lot of sense.

Even if we do not take the question too seriously, is DnD a bit like this that the class can decide who sleeps with whom? I think there is not more about it currently than sex, it is not a search for a partner for life. In certain situations even big differences in positions can be overcome, so what has the class to do with it?

If that is in DnD, should something like this be in the game? I think there is no meaning of class now in the context of relations. I once made a Cleric of Tyr and had no problems to get busy with Shadowheart. A bit to my surprise, but honestly, such a good looking guy like my char nobody would rebuff. wink I wonder wether it made a difference if you were a Cleric of Selune? Generally I think that Shadowheart is a person who is even grateful to be not rejected because of her devotion to Shar (as if she had guilty conscience), so the rest is not that important.

Sadly there is no male companion who I find that attractive. If one would ask me, I wouldn't refuse however (short term amusements ..., I'm like Shadowheart), but nobody did. Sadly I don't like any of the classes which you favored for the best chances for Gale and Wyll, and Astarion is too dangerous, I think. grin

D
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by geala
A class with high Charisma? Anyway, I think that your choices make a lot of sense.

Even if we do not take the question too seriously, is DnD a bit like this that the class can decide who sleeps with whom? I think there is not more about it currently than sex, it is not a search for a partner for life. In certain situations even big differences in positions can be overcome, so what has the class to do with it?

If that is in DnD, should something like this be in the game? I think there is no meaning of class now in the context of relations. I once made a Cleric of Tyr and had no problems to get busy with Shadowheart. A bit to my surprise, but honestly, such a good looking guy like my char nobody would rebuff. wink I wonder wether it made a difference if you were a Cleric of Selune? Generally I think that Shadowheart is a person who is even grateful to be not rejected because of her devotion to Shar (as if she had guilty conscience), so the rest is not that important.

Sadly there is no male companion who I find that attractive. If one would ask me, I wouldn't refuse however (short term amusements ..., I'm like Shadowheart), but nobody did. Sadly I don't like any of the classes which you favored for the best chances for Gale and Wyll, and Astarion is too dangerous, I think. grin

Like I said, just a silly whim. Of course in DND your class doesn’t determine who you sleep with. You could play a rogue as a holy inquisitor, rooting out evil, or a Paladin as an evil mofo of some dark god; a Barbarian as a calm and collected individual who hyper focuses in battle. That’s why I included the bit about playing them ‘as stereotypically as possible.’ The stereotypical rogue comes with an assumed personality, as does the bard, Paladin, etc.

S
old hand
old hand
S
There is something so very funny about Astarion and a Devotion Paladin, though. He would be so angry with himself. Just an incredibly severe case of "That guy?! Really...? Ugh".

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard