Originally Posted by Wormerine
Originally Posted by Warlocke
But Obsidian could have made any narrative hook they wanted, ideally one not in contradiction to the game they were creating. That’s what I don’t get.

Eothas makes a great basis for the sequel, though. He is an important unseen figure from PoE and his actions mirror and are in complete opposition to Thaos'. I was excited when it was revealed during fig campaign - statue makes perfect sense as a vessel for Eothas rebirth, as it was more or less build for a purpose of giving a body to a soul that passed away. Him being a walking soul sucking bewack is in line with what was established for PoE1 and Gods being construcks feeding on souls (and it also mirrors what Thaos did for Woedicka).
But yeah, the game doesn't come together the way it should. I feel Woedicka's book ties that was added at the end of the post launch development ties things together a bit, but it is difficult for me to judge - I spent so much time replaying the game, discussing it, and reading Josh's posts I can't really look at the game with fresh eyes.

I hear ya. I think that’s enough dunking on poor Obsidian, at least for me. I really hope Avowed is a success. They’ve been hustling in the trenches for so long, if any studio deserves a major win it’s them.