Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
Same thing they showed for the Kethric trailer; some clips of gameplay with cool moments and thematically appropriate voice over. Only this time about multiclassing.
Im not really sure what that would be ...

I mean ... cool moment from Wizard casting fireball, is exactly the same as for Wizard/Rogue casting fireball, or Wizard/Fighter casting fireball, or w/e else ...
I mean, multiclass may be cool feature, but just as ASI ... its usefull, but invisible. :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
W
veteran
veteran
W
If anything, multiclassing feels like it would be part of a blog post, not a video.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Same thing they showed for the Kethric trailer; some clips of gameplay with cool moments and thematically appropriate voice over. Only this time about multiclassing.
Im not really sure what that would be ...

I mean ... cool moment from Wizard casting fireball, is exactly the same as for Wizard/Rogue casting fireball, or Wizard/Fighter casting fireball, or w/e else ...
I mean, multiclass may be cool feature, but just as ASI ... its usefull, but invisible. :-/

I was picturing characters in fighter armor casting spells, rogue characters using cleric abilities, simple things like that.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I was picturing characters in fighter armor casting spells, rogue characters using cleric abilities, simple things like that.

If Jaheira is a fighter/druid as in BG1&2, or any of the other companions are or can be multi-classed (eg Wyll as a rogue/warlock) then there might be an opportunity to combine a focus on party members, or even custom mercenaries, with info on multi-classing. Or it could be rolled into an update on the new classes/subclasses we can look forward to for the full release, which I’m very much hoping for so I can make use of the run-up to August to plan my custom characters.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
I see ...
Well, i didnt concider those, since the same can be done trough Magic Initiate feat ... or when you play Eldrich Knight ...

The only example i can think about would be Sorcerer/Fighter who would cast as much Fireballs as possible within single turn ... wich would be 5 if i count corectly? laugh
2 Actions from haste potion ... + Bonus Action cast ... + Bonus action you get from helmet (Circlet of Fire) ... + Second Wind Action cast (from Fighter).
Or the same amount for Rogue/Sorcerer with Second Bonus action cast (from Tief subclass) ...

But im not sure if Larian would dare to provoke certain people with that. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
L
addict
addict
L
There's some code supporting multiclassing.

Theres work to do about setting spellcasting modifier with multiclassing. Some abilities just uses casting spell modifier..when you multiclass you will have two. Maybe they'll set these as the higher stats.

Other spells are unlocked to use a certain stat so that's fine.

Some players say multiclassing is too powerful and should be banned. Other players say multiclassing is too weak and should never be used. Lol

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I see ...
Well, i didnt concider those, since the same can be done trough Magic Initiate feat ... or when you play Eldrich Knight ...

The only example i can think about would be Sorcerer/Fighter who would cast as much Fireballs as possible within single turn ... wich would be 5 if i count corectly? laugh
2 Actions from haste potion ... + Bonus Action cast ... + Bonus action you get from helmet (Circlet of Fire) ... + Second Wind Action cast (from Fighter).
Or the same amount for Rogue/Sorcerer with Second Bonus action cast (from Tief subclass) ...

But im not sure if Larian would dare to provoke certain people with that. laugh

If they go by the book, you can't cast spell on Action AND Bonus Action

Originally Posted by LostSoul
There's some code supporting multiclassing.

Theres work to do about setting spellcasting modifier with multiclassing. Some abilities just uses casting spell modifier..when you multiclass you will have two. Maybe they'll set these as the higher stats.

Other spells are unlocked to use a certain stat so that's fine.

Some players say multiclassing is too powerful and should be banned. Other players say multiclassing is too weak and should never be used. Lol

The way it is for now, adding multiclassing will take a lot of works/changes, and mods aren't able to do it

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Dapoolp
If they go by the book, you can't cast spell on Action AND Bonus Action

This has been discussed elsewhere on these forums, if you’re interested and want a rummage around. Who knows what we’ll get in the full release, but EA doesn’t go by the book in this respect and you can do both. From memory, quite a few people (though not everyone) was in favour of this particular tweak, except potentially when it came to sorcerers’ quickened spells.

And if we get started on spells when hasted, then I definitely will need to dig out a link to one of those old threads …

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
T
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
T
Ok now that multiclassing has been officially confirmed for release - does anyone know how many classes you can multiclass up to?

I'm pretty sure there will probably be a limit, right?

enthusiast
enthusiast
you need 13 in some attributes to be allowed to... so as a example if you want to multi cleric and mage, you need 13 wis and 13 int...

Last edited by Aurora42; 07/07/23 08:03 PM.
W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Tequilaman
Ok now that multiclassing has been officially confirmed for release - does anyone know how many classes you can multiclass up to?

I'm pretty sure there will probably be a limit, right?

In D&D table top you can multiclass for as many classes as you meet the prerequisites for. That said, if you have more than three classes your character will definitely suck. Even if you have three classes, it will probably suck.

T
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
T
Originally Posted by Aurora42
you need 13 in some attributes to be allowed to... so as a example if you want to multi cleric and mage, you need 13 wis and 13 int...

True, that would be a limit by the rules. But let's say you spread out your stats as much as possible, I wonder how many classes they will allow you.

I also wonder how warlock spells will work with other classes (since they recover on a short rest). Will you be able to cast other classes spells with warlock slots? Or use warlock slots to smite? Hmm

I'm just wondering if there will be any Larianbrew on their end - they really didn't go much into multiclass.

Last edited by Tequilaman; 07/07/23 08:07 PM.
W
veteran
veteran
W

True, that would be a limit by the rules. But let's say you spread out your stats as much as possible, I wonder how many classes they will allow you.

I also wonder how warlock spells will work with other classes (since they recover on a short rest). Will you be able to cast other classes spells with warlock slots? Or use warlock slots to smite? Hmm

I'm just wondering if there will be any Larianbrew on their end - they really didn't go much into multiclass.

In table top, warlock slots are separate from other spell slots, but you can still use any spell slot to cast any type of spell you know. This is one reason why warlock + Paladin is a very popular power build.

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Originally Posted by Warlocke

In table top, warlock slots are separate from other spell slots, but you can still use any spell slot to cast any type of spell you know. This is one reason why warlock + Paladin is a very popular power build.

Well, no hexblade here, and we don't know what pact of the blade looks like yet, so in order to do that multiclass is may have to be Warlock 3/ Paladin X, which is a huge pain with respect to getting the extra attack on time.

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by BROttorney

Well, no hexblade here, and we don't know what pact of the blade looks like yet, so in order to do that multiclass is may have to be Warlock 3/ Paladin X, which is a huge pain with respect to getting the extra attack on time.

I’m still pretty bummed that they didn’t go with hexblade. I’ll live, but damn, I love that subclass.

veteran
veteran
From the sound of it they'll be adding in more classes after release.

addict
addict

I’m still pretty bummed that they didn’t go with hexblade. I’ll live, but damn, I love that subclass.

Let's be honest with ourselves. Hexblade is the most broken dip in DnD. To the point where if you are building a martial charisma character, you are shooting yourself in the head by not taking at least a one level dip. I think it is better this way. If they add CHA for weapon attacks as an invocation for pact of the blade, it would feel much more balanced and appropriate.

On a side note, for lore reasons it is really weird for 95% of paladins and half the bards and sorcerers to all have pledged themselves to evil weapons from the shadowfell.

Back from timeout.
W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by benbaxter

On a side note, for lore reasons it is really weird for 95% of paladins and half the bards and sorcerers to all have pledged themselves to evil weapons from the shadowfell.

I want to live in that world. Don’t threaten me with a good time.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard