Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
L
addict
addict
L
Hi geala
SS is from More Feats mod.
I turned it off before attacking.
Another mod allows astarion to be a ranger.

Originally Posted by Ranxerox
I think the better question is why are we getting any DOS stuff at all? I own DOS 2 and enjoyed playing it but I have no interest in introducing Divinity content into BG3, it seems like cheap advertising or an admission that they really wish they had made DOS 3 after all.

This... so much this. I honestly don't want to see any DOS content in BG3 as it breaks immersion. They seriously need to reconsider not doing this. The worlds are different, the rules are different, the story-line is different, etc... DOS and DOS II are just "ok" games after playing them both (hated the linear, cant go back story-line which made it a closed world, not open). BG3 needs to be more "open world" and allow us to travel back to places we have been. Such as once we are in act 2, allow us to travel back to act 1 region albeit changed as it may be from actions in act 1, to chat with NPC's there. As that would allow for a more immersive feel, like bg1 and bg2 had. Mind you there may not be much there to see, but at least one would have the opportunity to do so. But that is a topic for another thread altogether.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
I don't think the D:OS2 items are anything more than fun easter eggs. Look at what's actually being introduced; a lute, a dagger, a cape, a bicorn hat and a mask. They're presumably going to look like the iconic items each character they're inspired from had, and will probably have a special ability that alludes to them, but it's not like they're plot points, nor are they stuff that will inherently break the reality of the game.

I agree that it's not really problematic; tbh I'm not really a fan having seen EA doing it across franchises with Mass Effect, Dragon Age and Kingdoms of Amalur for example, but IMHO it's not really game-breaking. It may be personal taste though, I thought it was quite fun seeing GLADOS make an appearance in Cyberpunk 2077.

J'aime le fromage.
veteran
veteran
The one place I'd be happy to see D:OS2 material would be if that wizard/merchant from D:OS2, who left Rivelon to go planes-hopping in search of other forgotten realms... has a little shop in Baldur's Gate, and sells paraphernalia from his planes-walking adventures, including relics form Rivelon. That, to me, would be an acceptable level of insertion, because it can actually fit within the existing realms lore, while still being a hat tip to the developers and their past projects.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Niara
The one place I'd be happy to see D:OS2 material would be if that wizard/merchant from D:OS2, who left Rivelon to go planes-hopping in search of other forgotten realms... has a little shop in Baldur's Gate, and sells paraphernalia from his planes-walking adventures, including relics form Rivelon. That, to me, would be an acceptable level of insertion, because it can actually fit within the existing realms lore, while still being a hat tip to the developers and their past projects.

I'd quite like to see that sort of thing: brief cameos from other reality-hopping characters like Ciri from The Witcher and Elizabeth from Bioshock would be fun although probably very painful in terms of IP so I don't see it happening, at least outside of user-made mods (I have the latter and a bunch of Elves from Dragon Age in Fallout 4, for example, precisely because they don't belong there!) But I can also see that they would irritate other people quite a lot so maybe it's better to play it safe...

J'aime le fromage.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard