Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by Wormerine
If everyone got smaller "detection" circle range would anything of substance was lost?
Yes.

If you check the screenshot, there is no way you can stealth around Crusher without stealth check ... and that is the point here, isnt it?
May I ask you to read my full “edit”? I was hypothetically asking potential impact of removing vision cones and using smaller detection rage (smaller than current vision cones, not smaller than hearing circles on the screen shot) - aka. PoE1&2, Solasta, Wasteland3.

I would say if the question is, how often would it make sense in general ...
I mean, there is a waterfall on that screenshot ... have you ever ben this close to waterfall? laugh Do you really think you would hear someone walking? laugh
I am not clear what is the point you are trying to make. The game doesn’t have a system that would account for ambient noise. As such what is in the environment doesn’t matter, and stealth will work the same way in rowdy goblin camp, as it will in a quiet tomb.

Depending how “hearing” checks would be calculated there could be ambient noise mechanic, similar to how light works for vision cones. We are talking about adding properties to objects in the environment, and honestly that’s something that could only be added on top of basic functioning stealth system. I think the only thing we can afford to dream of right now, is ways to make current stealth system better, rather than adding stuff on top of the system that doesn’t work to begin with.