Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Title says it all, but hey if you want someone else like a Goblin or another party member, whatever flots your boat, so Argue amongst yourselves keep it civil....for me I like it when Shadowheart gives me them puppy eyes i fall for it everytime but with Karlach im like so mysterious join my party what secrets do you hold?

Last edited by Regulator; 06/03/23 06:37 PM.

My Name is Regulator and im a Hoarder in the lands of Faerûn.

how much stuff is to much stuff, because its certainly not enough stuff.
S
old hand
old hand
S
I only simp for one imaginary being, but Karlach sure is something

veteran
veteran
I hate the word simp. That said:

[Linked Image from 64.media.tumblr.com]

Oh, this was SH vs Karlach. Oh well.

Last edited by Boblawblah; 06/03/23 07:21 PM.
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
I hate the word simp.

I’ve just had to Google the word simp, and now I hate it too!

But if the question is which companion or NPC I as a player would break roleplay fidelity for in order to gain their approval or romance, or would design characters specifically in order to romance, then … I don’t know. Gale, maybe, but though I like him his actual romance scenes are a bit cringeworthy.

Actually, thinking about it, I could totally go for a Barcus Wroot romance option grin.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
S
old hand
old hand
S
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
I hate the word simp.

But if the question is which companion or NPC I as a player would break roleplay fidelity for in order to gain their approval or romance, or would design characters specifically in order to romance, then … I don’t know. Gale, maybe, but though I like him his actual romance scenes are a bit cringeworthy.

Actually, thinking about it, I could totally go for a Barcus Wroot romance option grin.
This is a judgement free zone, but why the gray egg?

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Im sorry for using the word but there was no other word i could think of at the moment to make people chuckle a bit

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I hate the word simp.

Lol

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Silver/

Well, he’s funny in a grumpy and self-deprecating way, as well as loyal and willing to go to any lengths for his friends (or lovers, as I’m not quite sure what the relationship between him and Wulbren is meant to be).

I shall continue to dream that he’ll become a potential artificer class party member and romance option, even though I don’t think it’s likely!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
S
old hand
old hand
S
Originally Posted by Silver/

Well, he’s funny in a grumpy and self-deprecating way, as well as loyal and willing to go to any lengths for his friends (or lovers, as I’m not quite sure what the relationship between him and Wulbren is meant to be).

I shall continue to dream that he’ll become a potential artificer class party member and romance option, even though I don’t think it’s likely!
Huh. As a rational and sane person, he'd disapprove so much of everyone in the party. Oh, yes, he'd fit right in. I can see him frowning despairingly in camp while Lae'Zel calls a hammer too puny for combat

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Regulator
Im sorry for using the word but there was no other word i could think of at the moment to make people chuckle a bit

No worries. It was clear you meant it as a joke rather than in the dodgy way my quick internet education has just taught me it can be used grin. Plus personally it’s useful to update my knowledge of slang, which is clearly a decade out of date in this area. Actually, I’m pretty sure much of my slang is more out of date than that!

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
As a straight male, after careful consideration I will say... both.
Currently probably SH, but I have high hopes that Karlach will be a cool companion.

There's also a supposed to be a data mined female halfling companion. But, after playing Pathfinder: Kingmaker where you have a halfling companion, Linzi, and they gave her a really cool voice but kinda childish... mmm, yeah kind of a no from me in the romance department.

Yeaah, personally I wouldn't romance him, but I really like him, with just a few interactions available with him he is really well fleshed out.

veteran
veteran
I tryed to google that word ...
But whatever i found didnt really seem to reflect this topic. :-/

So i still dont know what you mean. O_o

But as people are talking abour romance ...
I dont really get where Shadowheart get so huge fanbase, i mean i do ... but i dont at the same time. :-/
I see Shadowheart as "in the land of blind man, one-eyed is a king" ...
So since we got only one woman and one antropomorphic toad ... i get why people finds Shadow atractive ...
On the other hand tho, Larian version is ... well, not exactly ugly as really ugly ... more like Anne Hathaway in Princess Diaries ugly ... like when you have really beautifull woman, who is trying every trick that is on planet to mask her atractivity any way possible, plus invent some new ways just to make sure. :-/

I mean ... just look what better hairstyle and proper make up did with her:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Much better. :3

Aaaanyway ...
If this topic is supposed to be about what i googled ... then none, sory.
If this topic is about picking our best romance partner ... then so far, also nobody. :-/

Im sory, but there is only one option for me, and her personality is so repulsive to me so i think i wouldnt be able to anyway. :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
@Rag, just imagine the title of the post is "Who do you like?"

Last edited by Boblawblah; 06/03/23 10:29 PM.
veteran
veteran

It's more like - who do you follow around like a sad little puppy hoping they grace you with a crumb of attention.

Simp' is slang for a person who is desperate for the attention and affection of someone else. Pathetic.

Also couldn't this have been a poll question?

Last edited by Blackheifer; 06/03/23 10:51 PM.

Blackheifer
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by Blackheifer

It's more like - who do you follow around like a sad little puppy hoping they grace you with a crumb of attention.

Simp' is slang for a person who is desperate for the attention and affection of someone else. Pathetic.

"For which RPG characters are you down bad?"
Actually no one answer that. I don't want to know.

Just so we have definitions squared away:
Down Bad: Romantically or sexually attracted to someone at the expense of one's dignity.

EDIT: Obligatory Community Reference (Because there's one for every situation):

Last edited by Zerubbabel; 06/03/23 10:59 PM.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
veteran
veteran
So it basicaly is what i googled ... not quite tho.

Anyway ...
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Maybe this is just gathering data before poll?

Also it dont realy seems fair ...
While ladies (at least those interested in Male companions, or *also* in Male companions, as the matter of fact) have quite some selection to pick from ...
We, heterosexual man, with no deviation for liveforms from other planes of existence, have to pick between ... well, that ... or empty, cold, lonely tent. :-/

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 06/03/23 11:16 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
"For which RPG characters are you down bad?"
Thanks I hate it. XD

S
old hand
old hand
S
For illustrative purposes, Wyll is a disenchanted Mizora simp.

Your simp obligations are:
-- defending them when they're obviously wrong.

From the biography of the King of Simps himself:

"Due to deeply loving Xie Lian since he was very young, he despises everyone who has wronged Xie Lian in his eyes. He does not care about the objective circumstances and is firm in his distaste for anyone who left or stood against Xie Lian at one point."

-- having negative self worth. Their purpose is your purpose.
"If you don't know the meaning to your life, then make me that meaning, and use me as your reason to live" (This can be your Simp origin story as well!)

-- shadowing your target's footsteps 'till the end of time
"To me, the point is 'you left', not 'only two hours'. Even for an instant, it's still separation"

-- I cannot understate this, so I will say it again: NEGATIVE SELF WORTH

"If I could, I would have you use me as your stepping stone, the bridge you take apart after crossing, the corpse bones you need to trample to climb up, the sinner who deserved the butchering of a million knives. But I know you wouldn't allow it."

-- & much more, but this will get you started as a Grade E Simp!

To rank up, try forfeiting all worldly possessions to the target, developing a crippling fear of rejection and dying at least once in their name. If questioned, I recommend: "To die in battle for you is my greatest honour".

You will never beat the King of Simps and his no less than three deaths. Nor, his willpower to reshape himself after having his soul scattered. He was not done simping!

HOWEVER, worry not! You may still be able to call yourself a simp just for how truly sad your courtship methods are, given enough dedication laugh

veteran
veteran
OP right now:

[Linked Image from i.kym-cdn.com]

S
old hand
old hand
S
As being a simp is truly hard work, here is how you can better yourself:

-- has your target ever chased any former friends away?

Well, it's on sight! Beat them up regularly for 800 years.

-- think you're ugly? Master shape shifting to the point no one knows what you look like.

-- Bored? Crafting some 10 thousand statues is fine. (They must all be of the target)

-- don't accept any friends, ever. Underlings and people who owe you money are okay.

However, it's better you only tolerate people who help you achieve your goals, such as: undermining the heavens. Crafting a massive spy network, and being extremely fashionable! Any other human relationship is a distraction and should only be a means to an end. Like you are a means to an end.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard