It is difficult to compare games like Elden Ring and Starfield or maybe Skyrim. Many people like "Souls games", for whatever reason. But judging all games by the extent they are demanding on finger wiggling and the ability to enjoy the die-and-repeat-hamster wheel-mechanic is not appropiate.

I bought BG3 at EA release, would buy it immediately at release if I hadn't it already, and I will buy Starfield at release, the dates are not important. Both are surely quite a different experience. SciFi games are not even my main interest, I prefer environments where you can run around more scarcely clothed (mature, isn't it?). But I'm just curious about the exploration aspect of the game, sounds promising. Then wait for mods. I can already say that I most probably don't like the HUD of Starfield, I prefer to see nothing, especially no fat crosshair or hit markers or ammo and stats infos, on my screen. I'm also curious wether Bethesda this time succeeded to model the human feet, from their former games one has to conclude that all of their artists/programmers lack this ability.

If Larian would release earlier (they will not), for marketing reasons, that would be fantastic, less time to wait. grin