Originally Posted by timebean
Funny… I think the exact opposite. Anyone who knows anything about classic rock knows Zeppelin = rockerboy fantasy. Just watch the hilarious “fantasy dream sequences” in the Song Remains the Same rockumentary. The moment I heard Zeppelin, I smiled nostalgically and thought “makes perfect sense for a DnD movie”.

My mind did not go to marvel movies because I don’t watch them. If anything, I recalled Sabatoge (Beastie Boys) in the Star Trek trailers. Why that song? Because the director knew his audience (old sci fi nerds).

It is entirely possible that it was cheaper than a new score as you say (tho I am sure there will be a score in the film). However, I do think it is more likely that zepplin was chosen for fantasy connotations for old dnd nerds rather than trying to be like marvel movies (with their different audiences).

Similar to how Dark Side of the Moon was used for Dune (for more complicated reasons, of course). I think these decisions are usually well thought out…even for cheesy cash grabs.
Yup. Led Zeppelin is my GOAT rock band, and I totally agree.

Originally Posted by Wormerine
Originally Posted by TheOtherTed
If anyone does know why it was picked, I would genuinely love to know.
Because Thor:Ragnarok used “Immigrant song”?
Again, a great match for that movie given Immigrant Song's lyrics. Plus, it is such an awesome-cool song!! smile