Originally Posted by The Red Queen
having to then determine for each appearance what gender they “look like” which might be obvious in some cases but less so in others.
Seems legit ...
After all, Gimli himself (yes, i know Lots is different setting ... im also quite aware that Rings of Power redconed this) claimed that many people cant see any difference between male and female Dwarves ...

But in such cases, there are neutral pronouns right?

Question is, if Larian would be capable to tune it well enough to not "cross the line" ... then again, looking at oathbreaking conditions, maybe it will be better to leave this Padora's box closed. :-/

Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Btw, do we have any indication from canon sources whether and how Faerun’s various languages, and specifically Common (which I guess we’re meant to be speaking in BG3) approach gender when it comes to pronouns or grammar more generally?
I allways presumed common = english.
Probably american english, since thats where WotC are from, right?

---

Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
Rag, I'm not trans so I can't give the best answer to your question
Quite honesstly i dont think person have to be trans themselves to have opinion about this ...
Im not either ... and it catched my atention.
(Even tho its true that most of my characters are Females ... but i usualy just like their models more. smile )

Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
Hell, I'd venture to guess that MOST players would find that frustrating
Well, that can easily be avoided by making it optional setting.

Sure, that would raise a question if such mechanic is even necesary, and how many people would actually apreciate it ... but i would dare to say: That is as usualy not in our power to figure out here. smile

Also ... let be brutally honest for a second, the same question could be raised to whole indentity picking. :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown