Originally Posted by RumRunner151
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
A Knight’s Tale earlier, which made me shudder in horror

Wow, I actually loved that movie. Not the style I want for a DnD movie and not saying it was a great movie...but I really loved it. I thought Paul Bettany's Geoffrey Chaucer was an absolutely HILARIOUS character.

Again, we all have different tastes (which causes a lot of fights about what this game should and shouldn't be) so it is not surprising that someone wouldn't like that movie, just funny that you picked it in my case.

BTW, not sure how long you have been a moderator, but grats.

Cheers!

I’ll be honest I couldn’t even finish watching A Knight’s Tale so I’d accept that I didn’t give it a fair shot. But I have an overdeveloped sympathetic embarrassment reflex, and I seem to recall cringing in mortification and having to bail. It was a long time ago, though, so I can’t even remember what set me off, but I do still seem to have a visceral reaction to mention of it! Perhaps I’ll try exposure therapy one of these days, but I’m not yet ready smile. As you say, tastes vary!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"