Played around with various classes in the early patches holding at 482 hours

stranger
stranger
750 on GOG

O
stranger
stranger
O
23 hours. at max level now looking to find all there is to find.

I am curious if the XP I earn after 5th level will accrue or will I wind up having to replay the whole thing again when the game actually releases.

If I have the same experience I did with Solasta, (it wasn't good) I might never play this game again. I already don't care for 5E D&D, so having to waste time doing this all over again would try my patience.

Better magical loot that doesn't depend on a particular situation or status effect to work would be nice too.

It was fun finally getting the fire ball spell. It made those tedious goblin fights much better.

veteran
veteran
You will indeed have to replay the whole thing after release, your experience and progress won't carry over. I would advise you to, when you replay, make some different choices and play a different class so that you get a new experience. I actually kind of prefer Solasta when it comes to combat, but one thing I can't deny is that BG3 does have a lot more going on when it comes to replaying. I would suggest you stop scouring everything you can and set the game aside until release if you're already feeling testy about it.

I also agree with you about the magical items. Not a fan of how they work thus far.

addict
addict
ZERO hr

(time waiting for release: 26,280 hrs)

O
stranger
stranger
O
So as an addendum I looked at the last save I made with my first crew and it came to 34 hours. I've been playing off line to preserve my Skyrim install from unwanted updates so the counter on steam is off by a smidge.

I can say without equivocation that the wizard makes a better sorcerer than the sorcerer does in this edition of the D&D rules.

I can't stand the vampire and ain't too pleased with the fighter either.

as far as overpowered races goes the githyanky's got it in spades. Medium armor and a great sword give him some giant strength and my wizard is as good as the fighter and has spells too.

I'm trying to see how far I can get using only the fire bolt.

addict
addict
A bunch

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
old hand
old hand
287.3 currently

I fully played most of the beta when it first launched and also in a group of three. After that, I was just messing around, looking at new classes and testing for bugs.

J
stranger
stranger
J
286.7 so far. Just arrived in the Underdark, probably another 10-20 or so. After that, I might try a viking barbarian character, but I'll probably be done with real playthroughs. I'm worried about turning the game's first act into something I'm tired of by the time we get a full release.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Iv done 198h atm - iv tried to stay off it for launch iv not visted the underdark at all on launch im going to go that way so iv got something fresh fo explore

Last edited by Xzoviac; 16/04/23 10:11 PM.
stranger
stranger
860. I burned out at about 400, After that I just started playing only if I need to record or a new interesting mod comes out/updates.

I probably left the client to run for only a handful of times while I did something else; but at the same time I played a lot via the .exe file launchers in the install folder (which doesn't record playtime on steam)

So my total is probably upwards of 900.

Last edited by SnarkOne; 01/05/23 06:59 PM. Reason: spelling error
enthusiast
enthusiast
How possible you guys have so many hours played? That's some serious dedication

I have like 40 hours for 1st and only playthrough on patch 3 or so, and even that I regret - now I remember everything.

I believe my longest single playthrough is AC:Odyssey, around 160 hours, and this was over a year, in 3 "bursts" around 50 hours each.

LOL, I'm playing dota since 2012 and have 915 hours in total, which is a giga amount.

Also, for example BG:2 EE i am replaying every year since release, and have 320 hours on it.

Last edited by ladydub; 02/05/23 06:35 PM.
Topper Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I think its fair to say we really get our money's worth from Larian games smile I just hope it remains attractive to modders for the next few years. I don't want the journey to end.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard