Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
I would much rather that Tav was just some ordinary bloke that got picked up at random. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Tav Nobody fan here -- it could be that everyone else in the party is actually special, carefully handpicked, etc. - but Tav was just the test subject for the insertion of this very special parasite, and was supposed to be totally disposable. This would put her on the same boat as Karlach, who was probably infected not by a grown up doctor tentacle, but by a rogue tadpole crawling into her eye after the Nautiloid crashed.
Anyway, having "special chosen ones" and "normals" who are able to rise to the occasion would make the character dynamics much more fun. "Yeah yeah Gale you are the Chosen One Twice Over, I still get the same unholy tadpole powers so chill please".

veteran
veteran
Im very curious if we will be able to play as Karlach ... or if she gets same treatment as Minsc (recruitable, but not playable) ...
Bcs we are picking our character (Karlach in this case) at the point where Tadpole is inserted in our head.

Wich would mean that Nautiloid allready was in avernus!

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Apparently Karlach boarded the nautiloid when it went through Avernus, got captured and implanted while it was there, and hitched a ride out with it. Which honestly sounds like a lie, because that would require a lot happening in a short stretch of time. Like, probably 30 minutes of time in-world. We know she already has a tadpole, but the idea that she got specifically captured and implanted so quickly seems questionable. Unless you subscribe to the theory that true souls are hand picked and they were in Avernus specifically to implanted her.

veteran
veteran
I think BeeBee had a good point with that random tadpole ...
Presuming Karlach was somewhere, where pool with tadpoles was (or some true soul died) ... then lets say something exploded, or she was knocked out during one of those teleport/jumps ... and while she was unconcious for a while, tadpole find its way in ...
I dont say that is what happened, but it seems possible to me.

As for the theory with hand picking ... i like it, but wouldnt be so precise.
If the Absolute is indeed using tadpoles to control people, and if it plans to control EVERYTHING ... it may just want capture some Avernus denisens, to test how they will respond to tadpolisation and brain washing ... and Karlach was just the one they took.

I dont even think they had any specific wish to capture "Lae'zel, Astarion, or Gale" ... in my opinion what they just needed was a Githyanki, a Vampire, and powerfull Mage ... and theese are simply who they find. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
Apparently Karlach boarded the nautiloid when it went through Avernus, got captured and implanted while it was there, and hitched a ride out with it. Which honestly sounds like a lie, because that would require a lot happening in a short stretch of time. Like, probably 30 minutes of time in-world. We know she already has a tadpole, but the idea that she got specifically captured and implanted so quickly seems questionable. Unless you subscribe to the theory that true souls are hand picked and they were in Avernus specifically to implanted her.

I agree with you. Its One of the reason I made my post about how the entire events are orchestrated by mephesto AKA Raphael <disguise>. I agree Karach never got on the ship by accident, neither was Gale or Astarion. They are say they are on the ship, but you do not see them, and all find YOU. Astarion talks to you first, gale travels to you, and Karlach threatens to shoot you.

Now we do not know in EA why you are special, but I believe it's no accident that a mythic rank 20 arche devil chooses to seek you out and bring you to the house in their domain. No Cambrian can teleport an entire party to avernus and back without turning into tieflings unless they are an arche devil.

veteran
veteran
Well yes, until you happen apon the Cambrian it's possible to believe you are being paranoid ... They really are out to get specifically you

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
stranger
stranger
Tav is the child of Imoen.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Plato82

"Heya! It's me, The Child of Imoen"

My Name is Regulator and im a Hoarder in the lands of Faerûn.

how much stuff is to much stuff, because its certainly not enough stuff.
veteran
veteran
adopted i assume

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Plato82

This would be ... interesting for my (mostly) elven Tavs, who might then be miraculously older than their mom 😂 Well, and elves.
Due to their respective ages, being her adopted child would then be a bit weird, too.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard