Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
old hand
old hand
S
I am slightly baffled that some people are arguing about realism in a fantasy video game. Jump distance is gameplay sized and has never touched my suspension of desbelief.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by snowram
I am slightly baffled that some people are arguing about realism in a fantasy video game. Jump distance is gameplay sized and has never touched my suspension of desbelief.

No it is not baffling. Being FANTASY game doesn't mean everything goes out the window. There are some grounded BASIC rules in any fantasy settings. Thats why characters don't fly all other the place. Why we have lore and history.
Taking into account the D&D Faerun setting of Baldur's Gate, the way people jump in this game is completely out of place. This isn't some cheap arcade action mobile game. As a STORY DRIVEN RPG GAME shouldn't we expect a more convincing take of the Faerun world?
Imagine having these sort of jump physics in the Witcher 3.

Larian just can't seem to get Rivelon out of their heads. The more I play BG3 the more I want Larian to hurry up and make DOS3.

Last edited by Count Turnipsome; 13/04/23 11:32 PM.

It just reminded me of the bowl of goat's milk that old Winthrop used to put outside his door every evening for the dust demons. He said the dust demons could never resist goat's milk, and that they would always drink themselves into a stupor and then be too tired to enter his room..
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard