Originally Posted by Ignatius
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Yeah, stealth being broken is absolutely intentional. Larian desperately wants to give the player advantage on every attack, not only because it largely trivializes connecting with a target but also because it effectively removes the vast majority of debuffs in the game, which impose disadvantage on the player. But, it doesn't stop there! In this game, stealth is the ultimate offensive and defensive strategy. It provides invulnerability at the cost of a bonus action. To the enemy AI, the player ceases to exist when hidden.

Swen said in a presentation that they take great pride in 'broken' mechanics like this, as it makes the player feel 'clever' when they discover them, though I can't imagine why.

Did he really say that? Do you have the link for that? That doesn't sound like Swen, but who knows.

You know there is also the hope/possibility that we will have a "core rules" option for Bg3, just like Bg1 and 2 had.

It was during the Q&A after his GDC talk at about 57:35 (The Making of Divinity: Original Sin 2). The person asking the question called it a 'back door', which I translate to 'exploit', just as Swen translated it to an exploit in his answer. Basically, they leave these in intentionally, because some players like to 'glitch' the game. Leaving in exploits is "Literally by design" in his own words.

Yeah, I made a similar point barely a couple of weeks ago (or at least that was the LAST time I made it) even referring to the same exact quote as an example, but the thread was left to die immediately after.

https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=847872#Post847872

On a side note...

Well, maybe Larian has responded, in a way. Then again, it is April the first.

But, the best that those who are unhappy with the system can probably hope for is removal of 'auto-stealth' when attacking a creature outside their radius of response. This 'auto-stealth' is a QOL feature I could do without. It kind of forces one to barge into encounters, to avoid interacting with the stealth system.
I don't want to be overly dramatic about it, but this reads almost as a middle finger to people unhappy about the exploits.
"We like our cheese and you better learn to deal with it".

Last edited by Tuco; 01/04/23 08:38 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN