Ok, I know not everybody feels this way, but hear me out.

I think we all love a good antihero or conflicted "kind of an asshole" party member.... but the "kind of" and "-hero" parts are kind of important there, and I can't be the only one who feels like Lae'zel is kind of JUST a hostile, racist, abusive, psycho and wonders why anybody would party up with her, can I?

For the life of me I can't think of a single positive thing I've heard her say to another party member. She feels so one-dimensional, and that one dimension is basically being a horrid space-nazi who's constantly 2 seconds away from murdering her own party.... and honestly, it's exausting. I've played through the first half or so of Act 1 probably 30 times now, and not once have I kept her in my party, because I just get so tired of every time she opens her mouth (which seems like it's more often than almost anyone else) it's to insult, belittle, or threaten her own teammates.

It's even more frustrating in early access, since she's really the only front-line warrior type we have access to, so people like me who just find her grating and unbearable essentially have our PC class choices significantly narrowed, or else have to deal with playing an incredibly squishy party with few protections, which makes the whole thing much more difficult. I assume (and hope) this will be corrected with more companion options in full release, but oh my god has it been a slog barely getting to play with other options because I have to always be the Lae'zel of the group in order to create any sort of party balance.

PLEASE give us some sort of update to her similar to what you guys did with Shadowheart. Don't get me wrong, I get the value of (and thematic appropriateness of) the broad sweeps of her personality, but if we could dial down that meter down from a 10 to maybe a 7 or 8 and maybe give her a single redeeming quality at some point (hopefully early on before people like me give up on her) that would improve the experience SOOOO much.

There are few things as frustrating as a one-dimensional character.... but when that one dimension is "arrogant, abusive, space nazi who's going to kill you in your sleep" .... ugh, I just get so burnt out on her bullshit that it actively hurts my enjoyment of the game.

Last edited by CndnViking; 21/04/23 06:37 PM.