Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 23 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 22 23
veteran
veteran
Still going strong with Guild Wars 2. Did I mention, how much I love the Asura. They have to be my alltime favorite race. I made a gnome artificer in our current DnD campaign based on my Asura mechanist.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
The last Solasta update is releasing on May 29th.

I am glad they started to address the replayability issue with Solasta. I don't know if I will buy all the DLC just to play that but at least they see the issue now. I think I will wait for Solasta 2.

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
I think I will wait for Solasta 2.
I wonder if there will be Solasta2.

I think there would be audience for Solasta2, potentially a bigger one if they invested in production value, but the studio head was open on not being interested in growing too much bigger. I am not sure if they can deliver a worthwhile Solasta2 without doing that. I wouldn't be surprised if they would move on to a different project after S1 is finished.

Last edited by Wormerine; 18/05/23 03:03 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Wormerine
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
I think I will wait for Solasta 2.
I wonder if there will be Solasta2.

I think there would be audience for Solasta2, potentially a bigger one if they invested in production value, but the studio head was open on not being interested in growing too much bigger. I am not sure if they can deliver a worthwhile Solasta2 without doing that. I wouldn't be surprised if they would move on to a different project after S1 is finished.
They have already said in social media posts that their next game after this last DLC will be something entirely new, and not even in the fantasy genre.

veteran
veteran
I don't think that precludes a Solasta sequel at all. It makes perfect sense to me why they might want to trend new ground after spending so long on Solasta. We can still get a sequel in a couple years.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
I'm playing Elder Scrolls Online more than BG3, atm... Mount and Blade: Bannerlord coming in at second place, since I've been having issues with getting CTD's on ESO after installing latest driver using Nvidia GeForce experience.

Really wish the vanilla Bannerlord game had better diplomacy, and didn't automatically dictate your child's culture based on the mother's. Should be a choice. Would also prefer they increased motivation of playing as mercenary or merchant. Like giving players without a kingdom the option to still build a home/mansion/fort somewhere.

"Tribe?"
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
I don't think that precludes a Solasta sequel at all. It makes perfect sense to me why they might want to trend new ground after spending so long on Solasta. We can still get a sequel in a couple years.
Wasn't saying so, was I? Only confirming that their next game is not going to be a Solasta game.

I agree that creative people don't like to do the same things again and again, or at least want a break from something before they return to it. And in Solasta's case, I also believe TA will want to take some time to evaluate what they do with the DnD license going forward.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm revesiting an old friend, Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition. Currently playing the old Eye of the Beholder module and it's really nice. Also, playing chained Echoes on Steam. To those who like classic, old-school 2D sprite RPGs with a good story, you have to try this.

old hand
old hand
The new Solasta campaign was released yesterday morning, though I'm a bit busy with FFXIV's new patch at the moment, along with the fact that I intend to do a blind multiplayer run with the tabletop group I'm in, after a few other members of our tabletop group are going to take a hiatus for FFXIV's new raids starting next week.

Taking a glance at the Solasta discord, it looks like the devs increased the prices of some magical gear sold in shops by double or more, since many of them were pretty overpowered (and by late game you were usually swimming in gold anyway).

Interestingly enough, people giving them shit in jest prompted one of the devs to say the following things...

[Linked Image from cdn.discordapp.com]

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 26/05/23 08:43 AM.
veteran
veteran
They are sticking with Tactical RPGs. I am happy to hear it.

I didn’t mind ugly faces - finally a title in which I could create protagonists I could identify with.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
The new Solasta campaign was released yesterday morning, though I'm a bit busy with FFXIV's new patch at the moment, along with the fact that I intend to do a blind multiplayer run with the tabletop group I'm in, after a few other members of our tabletop group are going to take a hiatus for FFXIV's new raids starting next week.

Taking a glance at the Solasta discord, it looks like the devs increased the prices of some magical gear sold in shops by double or more, since many of them were pretty overpowered (and by late game you were usually swimming in gold anyway).

Interestingly enough, people giving them shit in jest prompted one of the devs to say the following things...

okay that was funny lol. I love the 'yea, we know guys, our faces are ugly' haha. As shallow as it seems, the look of the characters was one big reason I didn't pick up the game. If I'm going to be looking at close ups of my characters in cut-scenes and they're super ugly, I'm going to grimace every time.

veteran
veteran
Final Fantasy 16 looks good so far and is coming out next month! It is only on ps5, though.

I read an article (https://www.gameinformer.com/exclus...s-a-reason-final-fantasy-16-isnt-an-open) about how they didn’t make it open world so they could focus more on the story, which sounds great to me!

“If we look back at Final Fantasy XV, a lot of the criticism about that game was kind of centered on the story,” Yoshida says before listing out some of the criticism. “‘Some of the storytelling elements weren’t as good as they could have been,’ or, ‘Towards the end, the story kind of loses its focus,’ or, ‘We have this story that needs to be told in DLC’ and then that DLC gets canceled so it can’t be told.

“So there are lots of problems there with the storytelling that we find. And for Final Fantasy XVI, we wanted to make sure that again, our focus [is] on storytelling […] so that we can cover those gaps that [FFXV] had.”

[Linked Image from images.pushsquare.com]

old hand
old hand
Jagged Alliance 3 releases on 14. July. up

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 27/05/23 12:26 PM.
W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Icelyn
Final Fantasy 16 looks good so far and is coming out next month! It is only on ps5, though.

I read an article (https://www.gameinformer.com/exclus...s-a-reason-final-fantasy-16-isnt-an-open) about how they didn’t make it open world so they could focus more on the story, which sounds great to me!

“If we look back at Final Fantasy XV, a lot of the criticism about that game was kind of centered on the story,” Yoshida says before listing out some of the criticism. “‘Some of the storytelling elements weren’t as good as they could have been,’ or, ‘Towards the end, the story kind of loses its focus,’ or, ‘We have this story that needs to be told in DLC’ and then that DLC gets canceled so it can’t be told.

“So there are lots of problems there with the storytelling that we find. And for Final Fantasy XVI, we wanted to make sure that again, our focus [is] on storytelling […] so that we can cover those gaps that [FFXV] had.”

[Linked Image from images.pushsquare.com]

It will be on PC eventually. Might take a year or so.

I’m so looking forward to this. I’ve replayed FF7Remake, 9, 10, and 12 in anticipation. Would play 8, but now it’s Legend of Zelda time, which is also crazy fun.

And then they just revealed Dragon’s Dogma 2! I’m sure it’s not releasing this year, but that’s a good thing. 2023 is so stacked. This is the biggest year in gaming since I don’t know when. Good times.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Warlocke
This is the biggest year in gaming since I don’t know when. Good times.
Yay!!! celebrate

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Warlocke
2023 is so stacked. This is the biggest year in gaming since I don’t know when. Good times.
Nothing major I can think of on PC though, aside from BG3 and some small indies (assuming those will launch this year as promised).

veteran
veteran
I really want to like FFXVI, but I have a lot of concerns, definitely waiting on a bunch of reviews for that one. Will be picking up D4 though for next week, got a bonus this week and want to treat myself.

Volunteer Moderator
Online Content
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
I really want to like FFXVI, but I have a lot of concerns, definitely waiting on a bunch of reviews for that one.

The last FF I played was XIII, though I am very fond of the series generally. I’ll definitely get round to the 7 Remake one of these days (the original FFVII was the first FF I played), but I’m also not sure at all about XVI. I’m all for a story focus, and don’t care about open worlds, but mainly AI-controlled party members and more real-time combat are not things that appeal to me. Though I quite liked XIII despite the fact that it apparently had some of that too according to Wikipedia - I genuinely don’t recall and only played it once as my XBox 360 irretrievably broke just after finishing it! Anyway, I too will be seeing what the reviews say about XVI.

(Actually, now I think about it, the last time I played an FF was really a replay of FFVIII after buying the iPad port. I did enjoy that, and was surprised how much of it had stuck in my memory for the last twenty-odd years.)

Last edited by The Red Queen; 27/05/23 08:50 PM.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
got a bonus this week and want to treat myself.
😊

W
veteran
veteran
W
It’s almost a given that FF16 is going to review very well. The extensive previews have been universally glowing. I can’t recall any time a game previewed this well and then did not review well. The FF16 team is extremely confident in their product and they’ve been traveling around the world trying to get the game in the hands of as many journalists and influencers as they can.

That doesn’t mean it will be everybody’s cup of tea, of course. Diablo 4 will likely also review quite well, but I only needed to play a few hours of the last free weekend to know that game is not for me. As much as I enjoyed D2 back in the day, my tastes are dramatically different from what they were when that released.

I initially was down on the lack of a playable party in 16, but watching the trailers and following developer interviews has really won me over. FF7, 8, 9, and 10 are some of my favorite games of all time. I like 12 despite its flaws, but I can’t stand 13 and 15. 16 looks like a significant return to form, and I couldn’t be more excited for it. Plus, FF7Rebirth will come out only a few months later with a fully playable party, so I’m set.

And then there is the Metal Gear Solid remaster collection coming out, so now all of my favorite childhood game series:

Final Fantasy
Legend of Zelda
Metal Gear Solid
Baldur’s Gate
Armored Core

Are getting some sort of release in 2023. As somebody who normally only buys 1 or 2 games a year, this is crazy.

All they need to do is announce a Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver reboot and I’m done.

Page 6 of 23 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 22 23

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard