I (finally) watched Honor among thieves today, and I really enjoyed myself, I think it is a very good and very entertaining movie (I think it doesn't always has to be Oscar-worthy drama to be a "good" movie).

It was funny, warm-hearted and cute (yes, that's maybe a weird adjective by which to describe a magical heist movie 😄) To me, it felt like a D&D campaign brought to the big screen, with a great ensemble cast.

I liked the attention to detail, e.g. you can see the Tears of Selûne (I immediately had to think of Lae'zel), or very briefly some little rust monsters fighting over scraps in the streets.
I loved to see all the D&D creatures, and to see the spells in action. I don't want to spoiler too much, but there is a lot to be seen.

Spoiler alert for an easter egg (I don't know if this has already been mentioned, so spoiler tags just in case):
And I love that they included the party from the 80s Dungeons & Dragons cartoon as competitors in the maze. It was hilarious.

I'm hoping for a sequel, and once the movie is on streaming platforms, it's going to be my cinematic comfort food.

Last edited by Lyelle; 16/05/23 11:06 PM. Reason: Grammar