Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 23 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 22 23
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Anyone else fell in love with Diablo 4 ?

It may be a good game. I have heard some positive feedback about it.

However, it has microtransactions, and I just can't support that sort of thing. I would rather they make things that are crazy rare, hard to find, extremely unlikely to drop than for them to charge $20 for cosmetic horse armor.

We need to stop normalizing and excusing companies that engaging in cash shops.

Blackheifer
W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Blackheifer

It may be a good game. I have heard some positive feedback about it.

However, it has microtransactions, and I just can't support that sort of thing. I would rather they make things that are crazy rare, hard to find, extremely unlikely to drop than for them to charge $20 for cosmetic horse armor.

We need to stop normalizing and excusing companies that engaging in cash shops.

It would be one thing if it were a free to play game. I still wouldn’t be a fan, but that they are charging $70 for the game and then have a micro transaction scheme on top of that is gross to me.

old hand
old hand
Ya, been playing that for a bit, sorc lightning is pretty fun. Double tele all over.

Wanna play earlier bg games before bg3 goes live also, just up in arms on what race/class to play though.

Last edited by fallenj; 10/06/23 08:35 AM.
veteran
veteran
However, it has microtransactions, and I just can't support that sort of thing.
+1 and the game will have battlepasses and such. I am honestly glad it is not IP I have an interest in. May at this point Blizzard never do Warcraft4/Starcraft3.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by fallenj
Wanna play earlier bg games before bg3 goes live also, just up in arms on what race/class to play though.

Same! I’ve been thinking of another run through BG1/SoD/BG2 pre BG3. I even opened BG last night then decided I’d need to ponder my character more before starting. Given their appearance in BG3 I was thinking of a party with Minsc and Jaheira. Which means Khalid and Dynaheir as well (I know they could meet with “unfortunate accidents” but I kind of want the whole playthrough to make sense). So that leaves me only one more companion slot, and needing a thief. I might use Coran because of his possible link BG3 link via the Mindbreaker comic and his son’s adventuring days with Minsc, and I’m not sure I’ve ever kept him in my party for long before. Which would then give me a fair bit of freedom for my Charname, though probably they should be on the back lines given Minsc, Khalid and Jaheira are enough up front and a bit more magic might be handy. Though I can’t recall whether Jaheira will be enough for healing/divine buffing or whether I could do with a cleric too. Perhaps a bard, though it’s a pity they don’t get healing spells in BG1/2 and the fact that they can’t use their bard song and do anything else at the same time, iirc, makes them a bit underwhelming.

Decisions, decisions …

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
W
veteran
veteran
W
My favorite way to play BG1 is with the canon party:

Imoen
Khalid
Jaheira
Dynaheir
Minsc

And then with a fighter - berserker main character. Berserkers are extremely strong, becoming outright immune to some of the most annoying spell effects enemies can throw your way. I also like to headcanon that the berserker bloodlust is actually a manifestation of being a Bhaalspawn and is what allows my character to control the Slayer form in BG2.

So there is my 2 cents.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Cheers! I considered Imoen, but I actually did a run with that party not all that long ago (by which I mean a few years back when SoD was released for iOS) so want to mix it up at least a little.

I do like the idea of Bhaal’s essence coming out in a berserker’s rage, but think I’d want to try that without Minsc and when I didn’t already have three melee characters. I’ll save the idea, though, so thanks for that grin.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
Preordered FF16 and am looking forward to playing it June 22! celebrate

Lots of great video game stuff to watch this weekend! Tribeca Games Spotlight showed some upcoming indie games, including Stray Gods, which people were talking about earlier.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
This mod takes care of the buffing for you. Takes a bit to set up but once you do you just push a button and you're buffed for the fight.

https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderwrathoftherighteous/mods/195

I've been telling the devs that they should take a page from Larian's book and take over some of the mods as "gift bags"

Yes, it's fun playing as hero against the tides of evil. My Azata is transforming a desert into a fantasy forest. Together we will make this land bloom again! For freedom and flowers!
Nice! smile And thanks for the mod recommendation.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by kanisatha
Thank you @Warlocke, @Wormerine, @Blackheifer and others re. Elden Ring. In sum I am satisfied with my decision to pass on this game.

Look, it's your call, but I will say this. I have been gaming for 40 years and Elden Ring is the best game I have ever played. It's one of the few games I have played that felt *crafted* not just made.
Things I love:

1. It does multiplayer in a way that few people could take issue with. As you travel around you see little ghosts of people, other players, doing all kinds of stuff. You can see bloodstains on the floor that tell you how other people died which can range from a solid warning of impending danger, to an extremely humorous derpiness on the part of that person or persons.
2. It does interplayer communication right. You can leave messages for others but you have a limited vocabulary to choose from which has led to some interesting creativity and memes but also very useful info. You can upvote or downvote other messages. Hint: Take the message "Time for Prawn" VERY seriously.
3. You can bring in other players to help you with boss fights/areas and to just pvp with.
4. All aspects of multiplayer are optional and can be turned off at any time.
5. There really isn't any meta build for the game or meta weapon. There are good weapons for beginners (Bloodhound Fang, Claymore, Watchdog's Staff) but there isn't a God weapon above all others and there are a metric TON of weapons and weapon types.
6. Magic isn't better than melee - it just requires different strategies. Also you are free to mix and match magic and melee.
7. You are not forced to deal with a boss or no progress - if something is too tough just leave, gain some levels doing other things and come back later. You can max every stat and learn every spell given enough time.
8. The combat is the best I have ever seen- it's clean and highly responsive (as long as you are not fat-rolling anyway). I used to think the Witcher 3 was the gold standard, but this blows it out of the water.
Thanks! This is rather helpful. I won't ever play this or any game in MP/co-op, so how SP works in the game matters a whole lot to me. It's certainly something for me to keep an eye on if it ever is at bargain sale price.

veteran
veteran
Isn't Diablo 4 largely hack and slash combat? Given that combat tends to be (allowing for exceptions) the part of an RPG that I like the least, if the game is mostly combat, and action/hack and slash combat at that, I'm not going to have an interest in it.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
This mod takes care of the buffing for you. Takes a bit to set up but once you do you just push a button and you're buffed for the fight.

https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderwrathoftherighteous/mods/195

I've been telling the devs that they should take a page from Larian's book and take over some of the mods as "gift bags"

Yes, it's fun playing as hero against the tides of evil. My Azata is transforming a desert into a fantasy forest. Together we will make this land bloom again! For freedom and flowers!
Nice! smile And thanks for the mod recommendation.

If this is the buff mod I think it is, there is a huge amount of granularity to how you can set it up. It took me a while to understand the intracies of it, but in the end, it feels like a new feature added to the game. I was able to set up 'long' buffs, that were over 2 hours, etc which I could have going all the time, 'shorter' buffs that lasted say 30 - 60 seconds, and the 'important' buffs that were costly, rare, but were huge buffs that i would use against large bosses/fights. I couldn't play the game without it if I'm honest, due to how important buffs are in pathfinder. It fells like a feature that should be in the base game.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Warlocke

Imoen
Khalid
Jaheira
Dynaheir
Minsc

And then with a fighter - berserker main character. Berserkers are extremely strong, becoming outright immune to some of the most annoying spell effects enemies can throw your way. I also like to headcanon that the berserker bloodlust is actually a manifestation of being a Bhaalspawn and is what allows my character to control the Slayer form in BG2.

So there is my 2 cents.
Haha, I always end up splitting the couples as I can't stand half of each. I take Jaheira and Minsc but not their other halves. But unlike some other crazy people, I don't kill off Khalid or Dynaheir. I just lock them up inside one of the houses in town. And lil' sis Imoen is always in my party. smile

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Haha, I always end up splitting the couples as I can't stand half of each.

I just can't do that. I have in the past, but it makes me itch, so I always take both or neither now. Though I don't rush to the temple if the one I don't like of each pair happens to fall in battle.

My preferred party wouldn't include any of the "canon" companions, though I don't mind most of them. In fact, my dream team of the non-EE companions would probably be Xan, Tiax, Skie, Eldoth and Viconia (or maybe Faldorn), though I don't think I've ever played with them as a party together as I like playing casters and/or thieves myself. But perhaps it's a group that would be complemented perfectly by a beserker fighter (copyright Warlocke) ... maybe the playthrough after this next one!

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Warlocke

Imoen
Khalid
Jaheira
Dynaheir
Minsc

So there is my 2 cents.
Haha, I always end up splitting the couples as I can't stand half of each. I take Jaheira and Minsc but not their other halves. But unlike some other crazy people, I don't kill off Khalid or Dynaheir. I just lock them up inside one of the houses in town. And lil' sis Imoen is always in my party. smile

I pretty much just take the canon party for continuity, because if I’m going to play BG, I’m going to play BG2 after. Also, I know the game in and out well enough that it doesn’t really matter whom I take. My berserker Bhaalspawn will be doing the vast majority of the killing personally, as fitting for an heir of murder.

Isn't Diablo 4 largely hack and slash combat? Given that combat tends to be (allowing for exceptions) the part of an RPG that I like the least, if the game is mostly combat, and action/hack and slash combat at that, I'm not going to have an interest in it.

I’ll put it this way- playing Diablo for the story is like ready Playboy for the articles. Diablo cares more about mood and setting than story, but combat is always the main draw.

Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Cheers! I considered Imoen, but I actually did a run with that party not all that long ago (by which I mean a few years back when SoD was released for iOS) so want to mix it up at least a little.

I do like the idea of Bhaal’s essence coming out in a berserker’s rage, but think I’d want to try that without Minsc and when I didn’t already have three melee characters. I’ll save the idea, though, so thanks for that grin.

👍🏼

old hand
old hand
Finished my Solasta multiplayer run of the new campaign.

Story is still nothing to write home about, in fact there's some really dumb things that happen. Think 'we have resurrection and healing magic, why are these NPCs still dying on us in cutscenes' levels of WTF. Fights are definitely a lot better than they were in the base campaign and Lost Valley though, if only a bit too easy because this is high level DnD 5E we're talking about. Tip: Hilarity is probably one of the most busted spells in the game, there is no saving throw when you use it, so bosses can't use their legendary resistance on it. And since it incapacitates enemies, they also can't use legendary resist auto pass on the saving throws to break free from the effect.

On another note, Dragon's Dogma 2 has a Steam page up already. Incoming release date announcement on Monday? Word on the street is that it's much farther along than most people think, and Capcom typically doesn't announce things more than a year away from release anymore...

W
veteran
veteran
W
If Dragons Dogma 2 is coming out this year my head will collapse in on itself like a dying star. I can’t handle this much video game anticipation. I’ve averaged maybe 2 games a year for at least ten years. Now all of the sudden I’m being smothered.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
On another note, Dragon's Dogma 2 has a Steam page up already.
Heyyy! Thanks, I knew there was something I meant to play once I am done with Midnight Suns. Dragon's Dogma it is. Finally, after years of sitting in my library.

Played Lies of P demo - or at least 2,5 hours of it. Shockingly there is still more to play. Quite impressed so far. Not FromSoftwere level of good, but it is shaping up to be a decent Souls-lite.

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Wormerine
Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
On another note, Dragon's Dogma 2 has a Steam page up already.
Heyyy! Thanks, I knew there was something I meant to play once I am done with Midnight Suns. Dragon's Dogma it is. Finally, after years of sitting in my library.

Played Lies of P demo - or at least 2,5 hours of it. Shockingly there is still more to play. Quite impressed so far. Not FromSoftwere level of good, but it is shaping up to be a decent Souls-lite.

Something to keep in mind- the best part of Dragons Dogma is the expansion content, Bitterblack Isle. That’s the reason why the game built up suck a dedicated cult following over all these years.

veteran
veteran
If someone likes to play a short and very atmospheric game about lovecraftian horror, I can recommend The Shore. I'm not finished yet, but it is one of the best lovecratian games imo.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
Page 11 of 23 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 22 23

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard