Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Dez Offline
addict
addict
*In a lack of post-reactions I am just going to write a "HYPEEE"-reaction here*

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
😁

Dez Offline
addict
addict
I am now officially a fan member of mommy Eliette. laugh

<Poor Zrathentil> "No! This is a misunderstanding - we thought you might be hostile!"
<very hostile mommy spider> "Yes." X]

All the $#@$ in Chapter 32 had me smiling! laugh My mind just automatically went "BEEEP!" whenever I saw it, which made for some really fun sentences :'D !

.. ... Also, the "You’re hogging my air." thing... I love it, imma use that when telling people to gtfo in the future. >:]

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Dez
I am now officially a fan member of mommy Eliette. laugh

<Poor Zrathentil> "No! This is a misunderstanding - we thought you might be hostile!"
<very hostile mommy spider> "Yes." X]

All the $#@$ in Chapter 32 had me smiling! laugh My mind just automatically went "BEEEP!" whenever I saw it, which made for some really fun sentences :'D !

.. ... Also, the "You’re hogging my air." thing... I love it, imma use that when telling people to gtfo in the future. >:]

I wish I could take credit for the hogging my air line, but that's straight from the game. Kuddos to BG3 writers for that one. I liked it too.

The rest... Thank you.

The $#@$ censorship thing actually came from another book I have yet to publish but it's in editor stages. It's Christian, but I tried writing dialogue without any form of expletives, and it just sounded like Flanders from Simpsons. Ruined the tone and made everything sound so cheesy. I also wanted to point out a progression in the story. The more people turned away from God, the more swearing entered their vocabulary. I've known people who were Christian who turned away, and this has been my experience. The more they turn away from God, the more they swear... Among other things.

Anyway, I've been using that ever since.

Grymforge in the game gets more vulgar, so I start using that more and more. Larian truly wanted the duergar to be vulgar, blunt and crass, which makes sense. I wasn't about to sugar coat it, but swearing isn't much in my vocab. So...

Eliette is also one of my favorite characters in BG3. I had to spotlight her some more. I think Larian should have too, but now it's probably too late for that. So, I wanted to give her at least a bit more focus. Besides, it just fit so well with the setting and story.

Anyway, working on Part 7. Can't wait to get it done. Grymforge is such a fun setting, and the characters there also have so much more potential than the game, I think, gives them.

Glad you enjoyed.

old hand
old hand
Lies can be beautiful, but I'd rather be the Pygmalion to my own Galatea.

GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Ragitsu
Lies can be beautiful, but I'd rather be the Pygmalion to my own Galatea.

Lol. What part are you on? Something to do with Zrathentil I'm guessing?

Last edited by GM4Him; 09/02/22 06:26 AM.
GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Blog updated.

Part 7 is done. Here's the link: https://baldursgate3theafflicted.blogspot.com/?m=1

Hope you enjoy it. I can't really say anything about it. I don't want to spoil anything.

smile

GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Blog updated.

Here's the link: https://baldursgate3theafflicted.blogspot.com/?m=1

Thanks to Sozz for providing a Patch 7 Update for Lenore. The timeline has been updated for the year 1481.

Last edited by GM4Him; 02/03/22 03:49 AM.
GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Blog updated.

Part 8 is done. Here's the link: https://baldursgate3theafflicted.blogspot.com/?m=1

Hope you enjoy it. This section is mostly about the backstory of Grymforge, and the party's fears begin to mount as they move closer and closer to their objectives.

GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Blog updated.

Part 9 is done. Here's the link: https://baldursgate3theafflicted.blogspot.com/?m=1

Hope you enjoy it. At last, secrets are revealed, Shar's Darkness increases... and it all leads up to a rather Grym Outcome. smile

GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Blog updated.

Part 10 is done. Here's the link: https://baldursgate3theafflicted.blogspot.com/?m=1

Also added some character pics on the blog for some of the new characters introduced in the last few parts. I want to try to add some other pics as well, if I can - like Thrinn and Nere and Morghal, and such.

GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Blog updated.

Part 11 is done. Here's the link: https://baldursgate3theafflicted.blogspot.com/?m=1

GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Blog updated.

Part 12 is done. Here's the link: https://baldursgate3theafflicted.blogspot.com/?m=1

At last, we're coming full circle, but I doubt you'll expect what's about to happen.

GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Blog updated.

Part 13 is done. Here's the link: https://baldursgate3theafflicted.blogspot.com/?m=1

Nearing the end, folks. I can't believe I'm almost done with Book 2. Not sure how many parts remain, but it's likely only 1 or 2. The finish line is near.

GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Blog updated.

Don't get too excited, though. This one is a minor edit of the very first part. I wanted to tweak the prologue just a smidge. It's not much. I just added a bit about demons and devils fighting on the nautiloid.

So, after describing manes and dretches, I added:

As Kethryn's vision began to clear, he spotted imps and cambions dropping lemures, the lowest of devils, through a hole in the chamber's ceiling some forty feet away, to his right. It was an almost endless stream of devilkin; grunt troops in some great battle - the Blood War. Vrocks, vulture-like winged humanoid demons, were the ones delivering the manes and dretches; dropping them through another hole only twenty feet off to his right. The demons were, therefore, between him and the devils.

Yes. It was as if the Blood War had come to wherever he was. Manes and dretches were demons. Imps and lemures were devils, and cambions were children of fiends, standardly half mortal and half devil. Lemures were like five-foot tall blobs of stinking, oozing flesh made from the souls of the selfish, wicked and cruel who died. They had somewhat humanoid heads and upper torsos, but their lower halves were gelatinous, festering good. Imps were two-foot tall winged humanoids who generally had red skin, scorpion tails, sharp fangs and twisted horns. A cambion was standardly a blend between a human and an imp with leathery bat-like wings, twisted horns, a human face, arms and legs, but with claws, sharp teeth and blazing eyes.

For ages on end, devils and demons, like two different races of fiends, warred with one another. Demons were denizens of the chaotic plane of the Abyss, while devils were the inhabitants of the lawful evil realm called Avernus. Both were layers of the Nine Hells; Avernus being the first and the primary battlefield. Endless numbers of demons sailed along the River Styx into the domain of devils only to find hordes waiting to repel them. Now, they were waging their war right there in the chamber he was in, killing each other and the mind flayers' forces.

GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Blog updated.

Part 14 - the Conclusion is done. Sniff. Sniff. Now what am I gonna do with my free time?

Here's the link: https://baldursgate3theafflicted.blogspot.com/?m=1

Hope you all enjoy it.

If you liked this fan fic and the blog and would like to read more of my stories, please let me know. It's been fun. Many blessings to you all!

old hand
old hand
That is Elsydaleyn the Golden— No one knows when he was born, but he knew my grandsires, and my grandsires before them, and my grandsires before them. Many say he aided Harval the First in conquering this land from the ancient beastmen. Some whisper that he has always lived, and will live forever. Some say that, no, he will one day indeed grow aged and pass away— but you and I will never live to see that day. Our descendants, someday, if the kingdom holds… but what is that to us? He is as old as the forest itself, and as young as a fresh spring day— and when we pass, he will remain young while they lower our toothless bodies into the grave. He is not a man, young Kieran. Do not make that mistake. But he is our ally in the time that we have, though his reasons be his own.

GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Hi Everyone!!! It's been some time, but I've returned to provide more fan fiction. smile

In anticipation for the launch of the full release of BG3 in August/September, I've started writing Book 3 of the Afflicted story. I'll be releasing updates to it regularly as I complete them. Check out my blog devoted to BG3 for Baldur's Gate 3: Book 3: Legacy of Murder.

https://baldursgate3theafflicted.blogspot.com/2021/08/home.html

This story is also the sequel to the Demon Hunters story I'm still working on. Three of the characters from Demon Hunters are the main characters for Legacy of Murder - though they will meet up with the other Afflicted characters after a bit. This said, you don't need to read Demon Hunters to read Legacy of Murder, but you may want to read the first two Baldur's Gate 3 stories I wrote in order to understand what's happening in the beginning of this one. (Right away we pick up at a scene that occurred in Dark Moon Rising.)

In particular, Aelun has been a character I've been developing since the inception of Baldur's Gate 3. I mean, ever since I learned about the game taking place 100ish years after the first two, I started developing his character, and I decided to tie him into Demon Hunters because I wanted to give him some background before BG3. So just know going in, Aelun has always been the intended video game character I was going to create for Baldur's Gate 3. He IS the main protagonist, and you will soon learn why.

Hope you enjoy it, and if you're interested in the Demon Hunters story, there is a link on the BG3 blog to the Demon Hunters blog.

Can't wait for FULL RELEASE, Larian!!! As it is approaching, I'm growing more and more impatient. Thus, I'm writing BG3 stuff again. smile

GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Updated BG3 blog. Added Part 1: Chapter 1. This chapter has some spoilers about Aelun and Demon Hunters, but you will soon see why they are necessary. Hope you enjoy.

https://baldursgate3theafflicted.blogspot.com/2021/08/home.html

GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Updated Demon Hunters blog. Added Part 10: Chapter 1. Also updated images as well on the blog. Hope you enjoy.

https://dndemonhunters.blogspot.com/2022/09/demon-hunters-d-5e-fan-fiction.html

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard