Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
addict
OP Offline
addict
A place for the reactions to the new trailer, showing how it will be like to walk around withing Baldur's Gate.

I must admit, it looks pretty good. From the trailer (and I insist it's only from the trailer), it seems as if Larian may manage to make the city feel less life-less (/static/theme-park) than the world we can currently experience in EA.

Also, we'll get a chance to see Alfira play again (in the appropriate playthroughs, naturally).$

Edit : and thanks to Wormerine for sharing a link to the trailer.

Last edited by Drath Malorn; 11/06/23 09:53 PM. Reason: typos
veteran
veteran

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Just copying my comment from the Summer Game Fest thread. I guess this does merit a thread of its own.

Originally Posted by The Red Queen
I thought Baldur's Gate looked so cool in that PC Gaming Show trailer. I can't wait to visit! And find some of our tiefling friends again there and get that drink I'm owed grin. And I loved the little animation that showed first, which felt like it was a bit of fanservice for those of us who've invested in Early Access as I can't imagine it would mean much to anyone else. It also seemed as though the game was talked up by the host more than most of the games shown.

Still no new companions or classes, but I wasn't really expecting those as well as a city preview. I have my fingers firmly crossed for another community update soon, though.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
Yup, looking good. Really nothing to say, but I am looking forward to explore it for myself.

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
The size looks awesome. I really wish they'd improve the lighting though. Water has no reflections, distant buildings are missing shadows and there isn't any kind of global illumination at scale. Everything looks very flat and unnaturally lit

S
old hand
old hand
S
Half-orc at 2:25 :
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

S
old hand
old hand
S

veteran
veteran
Love the little elephant with wings!💕

Originally Posted by snowram
celebrate celebrate celebrate

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I totally missed Gale flying at 2:45 the first time!

Now that looks very interesting indeed.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by The Red Queen; 11/06/23 10:48 PM.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
addict
addict
So does that mean a surprise patch? They typically came hand in hand…

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by avahZ Darkwood

I can't see why they would release another patch to EA at this stage, but I guess anything's possible.

Let's be honest...

I was sure it was huge, with a lot of details...

But here, it seems to be even huger... even more detailed and bigger sometimes than in descent into Avernus...

Quite frankly, this is absolutely amazing. For me, as a long time player of all baldur's gate, it is a dream come true.

Do you seriously imagine the number of game hours you can spend here ? Probably hundreds.

And if they are able to do this with the city, can you imagine what will look like the entire game ?

Waouh

Last edited by Lunar Dante; 11/06/23 10:52 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
3 things from this. 1. diffrent clothing color. it's the same sorcerer robe but in black gold. 2. different cut. current sorcerer robe has sleeves. 3. earings. this tiefling has earings

veteran
veteran
First of all ... that animated minifilm was awesome! laugh
Second ... the city looked even more awesome!
And the most awesome thing i noticed: Lae'zel wears Githyanki boots!!! ^_^ Still not gloves tho ... but we are geting there!

Originally Posted by snowram
Awesome! ^_^
Best gift i could wish. laugh

---

On slightly negative note tho ...

Is it just my feeling, or are all haircolors we can see on that trailer still bright and pastel?
(Except Volo's beard)

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 11/06/23 10:33 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
addict
addict

I can't see why they would release another patch to EA at this stage, but I guess anything's possible.

I must admit though that a PFH almost 2 months before release is kinda odd timing. Would love even a small patch with just a few gameplay elements.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I must admit though that a PFH almost 2 months before release is kinda odd timing. Would love even a small patch with just a few gameplay elements.

I'm guessing (hoping!) that it will be a more detailed look at new gameplay elements, companions and/or playable classes and races that we can expect in August. To me, PFH feels like a better format for that kind of stuff than a trailer at these big gaming shows.

I'm guessing (hoping!) that it will be a more detailed look at new gameplay elements, companions and/or playable classes and races that we can expect in August. To me, PFH feels like a better format for that kind of stuff than a trailer at these big gaming shows.

I completely agree

veteran
veteran
Suppose the montage at 1:54 will be all the strongholds we might get?

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Sozz
Suppose the montage at 1:54 will be all the strongholds we might get?

Hah! That would be cool grin.

addict
addict
That winged elephant could be either a hollyphant, or a delirium tremens symptom. Either way, I want one.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard