B
Deva is "good" devil in DnD, right?

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Buba68
Deva is "good" devil in DnD, right?

If “good Devil” is your term for Angel, then sure.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by Omegaphallic
we saw Aasimar in trailers
I thought that was some angelic being from Selune. O_o
I believe the name used sounded something like Diva? But not sure...

No both were Aasimar, its been confirmed.

S
old hand
old hand
S

I have yet to find an official confirmation on that, merely a lot of speculation. Care to share your source?

enthusiast
enthusiast

I don't think there is any actual confirmation. no official statement about that.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
What makes you say that? cRPGs are probably always going to be a bit niche compared to some other genres, but I thought the BG3 slot was the most impactful of the PC Gaming show and the host seemed more enthusiastic about it than most of the other games, plus BG3 has featured on quite a few 2023 most anticipated games lists so I think we can anticipate good and positive review coverage. The release window has undeniably become crowded, which probably isn’t beneficial, but I was still feeling quite optimistic that BG3 would find its audience, though it’s never going to be for everyone.

Of course, I’m biased (or at least nothing else in the release window interests me nearly as much) and most of what I’ve said is about media coverage rather than community hype anyway, so I’d be interested in your take.
I've only seen cRPG enthusiast sites cover it. When BG3 footage showed up during the presentations, most people in the stream chats just passed it off as a game that's a generation behind.

Right now there's a huge fight in the JRPG side of the community that's particularly angry about FFXVI being an action RPG, lamenting that there are no AAA turn-based RPGs and that developers have seemingly abandoned turn-based, when Baldur's Gate 3 is literally right there. Whenever someone brings it up in that situation, reactions vary from either not knowing that it existed or that they forgot about it because it's been in early access for so long.

During the r/Games coverage of everything revealed this past week, the threads about BG3 didn't even break 700 upvotes, which is pathetic by that sub's standards in regards to new trailers being shown from games of major franchises at such a huge event. Of course, the status of Baldur's Gate as a major franchise is arguable to the general gaming community since it's been dormant for so long, but still.

Don't get me wrong, I think this game will do incredibly well, for a cRPG. It just doesn't look like it's going to have a strong launch beyond the already niche cRPG community, all of the hopes of this game going into the mainstream is going to get completely sucked away by Starfield.

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 15/06/23 03:08 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ALexws
I don't think there is any actual confirmation. no official statement about that.
Indeed

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard