Haf Orcs, Dragonborn, and Monks [i][maybe/i] Duergar since they were datamined. IDK what would follow that, you'd be getting into options that aren't a great fit for the Realms pretty quick. Even artificer IIRC was called out by WoTC themselves as such.

Longshot would be warforged, but honestly I hope not. Let them stay in Eberron.

Plus, we need to keep into consideration animation/dialogue work that would be needed for each. Half orcs can use the datamined 'buff' body, Duergar can use the already-in-game dwarf animations. Stuff like Dragonborn is going to be a lot of work.

I guess if we are wishlisting though, hobgoblins would be neat.

Originally Posted by Flooter
Originally Posted by Omegaphallic
Extremely unlikely Leonin (but that would be cool),
vedalken, and Simic Hybrid because they are MtG races that don't appear in normal D&D settings (yet), and Centaurs for having four legs.
I'd love to see MtG races appear in BG3 as I already have a sense of how they function. Leonin and Vedalken would be neat, but I'm curious what you mean by 'Simic Hybrid'.

As per MtG lore, the Simic Combine (one of ten guilds on the city-plane of Ravnica) strive to improve on evolution through cross-breeding and rapid hybridization. They make stuff like jellyfish-hydra-beasts and the sharktocrab (shark+octopus+crab). So, when you refer to Simic Hybrids, do you mean the wizard/scientists who make new creatures in vats (which would be an amazing, if unlikely, game mechanic), or do you mean the cross-bred creatures themselves?

Magic the Gathering is a separate IP. This would be like having Wookies from Star Wars in the game.

Last edited by Leucrotta; 15/06/23 12:55 PM.