Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
You think think so?
Yes. laugh
I allways think so, when i say so. wink

To me warforged are machines. Not just textured humans

I dont think this is mutualy exclusive ...
[Linked Image from wargamer.com]

you have to have joints, mechanical bits, lots of segments and just a whole bunch of detail
And you can ...
Its just that it would be part of your model.

Have you ever played SW:ToR?
There is several models of prostetic armors ... arms, legs, even belly!
And how does it work? Well, easily ofc ... you simply take model of humanoid body (wich warforged have) and instead of skin, you apply models of pipes, cables and electronics ... beauty of this is that you can make models thin in any part you want, ending with something like:
[Linked Image from swtorista.com]

Same goes for Warforged ...
You want them to look like in first picture? No problem! Just make another body model textured like that, nothing easier. smile

The only thing that may cause troubles, is that in tabletop Warforged dont "wear" armor ... they attach it to their bodies directly ... not really sure what that mean, but i allways read it as if Warforged just remove all those tapes and straps holding armor together, and screw the plate right on his chest for example. laugh
Question is tho, if we really need such thing ...
I mean, there is no "amor removal" mechanic in game, our characters dont need to change for sleep (thank Gods) ... so would it be really such a huge issue if they would simply wear their armor like everyone else? Dunno ... not for me tho. laugh

(plus even then genasi can have things like fiery hair or cryst hair that's gotta be addressed too)
Wich is once again, just different model. smile
Doubt it would be any problem ... practicaly anything "can" grow out of our character head ... hair, feathers, fur, snakes ... you name it, it can be done ... question is if it will be.

They don't necessarily have human musculature and places like their calves and forearms tend to be more like rods than human shaped limbs
Well, there allways needs to be some compromise made ...
Tieflings are also supposed to be able look exactly as a human ... and yet, they simply have to have a claws, sharp teeths and tail in this game. wink

and then giving them facial options is complicated too since they don't really have detailed human faces and have more like... Iron giant style faces without much detail.
And why is that a problem?
As far as i know, we are picking from list of heads (feel free to call it faces if you wish) ... rather than create one by our own hands.

Plus in terms of the game itself, they don't have brains. The tadpole needs to literally, physically eat those brains in order to transform them.
Well ...

where would they even come from?
And where from is our Tav coming from? smile
Some things are just left opened on purpose. wink

---

Originally Posted by snowram
Want a tabaxi? Pain it with fur.
Thats not a Tabaxi, thats Anime Cat-Girl. xD
Without ears!

Originally Posted by snowram
Divinity understood that very well and even elves who usually are just humans with pointy ears in the general culture were unmistakable for anything else.
Kinda shame then that in BG-3 they once again are just humans with pointy ears, huh? :-/

https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=841520&page=1

---

//Edit:
Originally Posted by Lunar Dante
Jeremy Crawford : Warforged aren't constructs. They're artificial humanoids, which means the rules treat them like humanoids. #DnD
Official sourcebook Eberron : Rising from the Last War, they are humanoid. Although they were manufactured, warforged are living humanoids.
I allways thought Warforged are something like Reapers from Mass Effect ...
Or everyone in Mass Effect after you pick synergy ending ...

I believe its called biomechanical ... on surface it may seems like a machine, but in fact its ... well, both and neither simultaneously ... its a living organism, that is also machine, just not entirely, a being that works on completely different basis than either of them. laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 16/06/23 10:00 AM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown