Originally Posted by Flooter
Speaking of crossovers and unannounced races, does anyone think Larian might add in a race or class that’s a nod to DOS2? Maybe it’s a subclass inspired by a DOS2 build, or it could be a single ability, like the Transmutation wizard getting access to Chicken Claw or something?

No, I don't expect Larian to do anything as big and controversial as that, though I wouldn't be surprised if they put in the odd Easter Egg for D:OS fans that will no doubt go over my head. I'd even see that as upholding an honourable tradition in BG games which also included a number of references to unconnected universes, though when it comes to referencing the studio's own IP I can only recall the Mass Effect reference in DA:O. (Btw, I'd forgotten until I came across it in my current BG1 playthrough about The Chesley Crusher halberd, which was "first wielded by the much-maligned Ensign Chesley of the first exploratory fleet of Waterdeep" grin).

We also already know there'll be some D:OS2 themed items available as Digital Deluxe DLC (so free to early access players), but I expect those to be given "proper" D&D abilities, such as Fane's shapeshifting helmet permitting us to cast Disguise Self or Alter Self x times per rest.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"