Originally Posted by Llengrath
I just read the recent post about Shove apparently still being a bonus action 20-foot push. It's quite worrisome and it implies to me that Larian don't care strongly about mechanical balance and fairness, which doesn't bode well for the stealth system also. I'm ready to be surprised, but I won't hold my breath.

I don't know. I think not holding your breath is a good idea, but I'm still determined to look on the bright side until forced by the reality of the actual game to come down to earth with a bump grin. I can fairly easily imagine Larian reading the feedback about eg, hide and shove as bonus actions and shove distance and taking it on board but not being wholly convinced that their original approach wouldn't work better for the longer term once we had the rest of the game and abilities. If they changed them once then decided they were right the first time, it would be really hard to change them back again, or at least it would cause no end of ruckus. Whereas by leaving as is, they've kept their options open to try out different approaches in house and make their decision about exactly how it will work later in the development process.

Which isn't to say I'd not have preferred Larian to make the changes in EA and let us play around with them, I really would have. Only that I could understand why they wouldn't even if they were seriously considering doing so for the full release!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"