Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17
journeyman
journeyman
I had problems yesterday and today loading topics, but in the last hour or so I opened two or three threads at once and it might happen that one doesn't load and times out due to connectivity issues or some stuff.

Solasta D&Does what BG3 D&Doesn't.
Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by colinl8
Originally Posted by neprostoman
When either likes/dislikes or algorithms enter the discussion - it becomes pointless in its core. Discussion is not the same as the vote poll. Like is not an argument and dislike is not a counter-argument.

+1

Now I'm not sure whether to take that as agreement or a joke grin

Personally, I think upvoting and downvoting can be really useful for factual Q&As and helping people find helpful answers to questions, but are awful when people are discussing opinions. I'd probably not mind just "likes" as much with no downvoting. But would not be a fan of introducing them here!

And thanks folks, for comments on potential sources of poor forum performance. I'll see if I can get any updates on the issues here from Larian in the course of this week. I'll admit I'm thinking if it's bad now, imagine how much worse it could be come August eek

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Originally Posted by fylimar
Originally Posted by Warlocke
I wasn't able to even load the site the last few days. I went to discuss the news on reddit, though I'd rather discuss with you guys and gals.

❤️

Sometimes I go to Reddit out of curiosity but I always make a pretty abrupt about-face.

As bad as it was yesterday, today the forum is smoother for me than it’s been in a long time.

On Reddit, you get downvoted, if you are not of the hive opinion. I was expressing, that I was sad that Helia was booted in favor of the Dark Urge and got downvoted. Not much fun tbh. I'd rather discuss here with people of different opinions, so hopefully, this forum will work better soon.

My experience has been that you get downvoted for how you express your opinion or because you didn't read the room correctly. If you hijack a post about some aspect of the game that people are happy about to tell everyone all the ways you think the game sucks you gonna get downvoted and you deserve it.

Language matters, and how you frame stuff matters. Reddit is a great teacher of how to be politic.

Oh and the forum is really struggling right now. Is somebody attacking you guys?
That is not what happened. It was an open discussion about PfH and I was polite.
My experience with Reddit is, that you get downvoted to hell, if you have a different opinion from the majority. I see it Happen in other Reddit forums too. People don't engage, they just downvote 🤷.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
My experience with Reddit is, that you get downvoted to hell, if you have a different opinion from the majority. I see it Happen in other Reddit forums too. People don't engage, they just downvote 🤷.
That's Reddit in a nutshell, it's just a toxic echo chamber.

veteran
veteran
That is not what happened. It was an open discussion about PfH and I was polite.

I dunno, I read this and started looking for the downvote button :P

Have you tried putting mustard on your face? You might get more Meow-Meow beans.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran
I mostly read in the subreddits of topics, I'm interested in. Funnily enough, the Horror and Lovecraft subreddits are the most wholesome.

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran

I dunno, I read this and started looking for the downvote button :P

Have you tried putting mustard on your face? You might get more Meow-Meow beans.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
No, I don't like mustard 😛.
Tbh I don't care about those downvoted, it was the first time, that happened to me and I was just surprised, because it wasn't something controversial.

Doctor Who
C
addict
addict
C
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Now I'm not sure whether to take that as agreement or a joke

Very much both! It was too much of a gimme to not to 🤣

What's the mustard a reference to?

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by colinl8
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Now I'm not sure whether to take that as agreement or a joke

Very much both! It was too much of a gimme to not to 🤣

What's the mustard a reference to?
If you have to ask you're streets behind.

(It's from the hit early 2010s American TV Show "Community")

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
C
addict
addict
C
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
If you have to ask you're streets behind

🤣

addict
addict
Working better but still noticing occasional slow loading and even timeouts.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by Ranxerox
Working better but still noticing occasional slow loading and even timeouts.
Takes me 24 seconds from hitting reload on a page to getting a new page.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z

O
stranger
stranger
O
I'm still finding the forums really slow, and sometimes it takes so long to load a page that the connection times out.

addict
addict
The forum on my end is still running slow, it also takes a little long to connect to a page. Sometimes I will get a white screen with a connection error.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
This was really slow half an hour ago. In recent few minutes it end up ”normal”.

We are all heroes, you and Boo and I! Hamsters and rangers everywhere, rejoice!
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Lady Avyna
The forum on my end is still running slow, it also takes a little long to connect to a page. Sometimes I will get a white screen with a connection error.
Welcome to my world since 2019

Im in the states /Colorado

I dont know why that would matter. I have high speed internet.

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
addict
addict
slooowwww...seems slightly better tonight...

enthusiast
enthusiast
Right now, the forum performance is back to normal again for me celebrate

veteran
veteran
You just jinxed it. frown

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard