Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Any guesses anyone?

My guess would be maybe true soul Gut, since we know she is infected.

veteran
veteran
I hope, it is Helia, I'm hyped for her, since she was datamined

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Gut, Ragzlin, or Nere would be nice addition to followers ...
But they certainly cannot be Origin characters, since they HAVE a role in the story, there is no way any of them would start with us on nautiloid while simultaneously being in Goblin camp. laugh

Followers tho, that is different story.
I mean, we have Halsin, Jaheira and Minsc ... wich are all clearly Good ... on the other side we have Minthara.
Little unbalanced isnt it?
But i wouldnt hold my breath to that, if we could recruit them all, Larian would probably tell us with last update. frown

On the other hand, we have 3 Evil (or semi Evil) Origin companions, and two probably Neutrals ... Karlach seems to be Good one ...
Also pretty unbalanced. :-/

Wich leave us with at least two empty spaces ... 3, if they would indeed meaned it with "rounding out the moral spectrum of playable characters from good to bad, and the shades of grey between".
Still not enough imho ... but geting just one would be very disapointing to me, no matter who it is.
//Edit:
Also ... if i remember corectly, Swen was talking about companions in the past, and he was talking about them adding Good companions in the future ... in plural!
This may ben before they decided to make Minsc and Jaheira only followers tho. frown
Edit.//

Anyway!

Helia seems like great guess ...
Either she, or whoever (or whatever) they made her to be now.
Also ... the only guess im affraid.
Since every and each other NPC we have met (and mostly also heard about in Datamining) during EA have its own story, and cannot be on Nautiloid with us, they cannot be an Origin character.

So that being said, names aside ...
I certainly hope we get:
- some Monk, True Neutral probably, prefferably Halfling ... bcs the idea of Halfling beating up dragon in fist fight is hilarious. :3
- some Bard, Chaotic, or Neutral Good, prefferably Halfling or Gnome ... bcs it just fits them both.
- some Paladin, Lawfull Good, either Half-Orc, or even better Dragonborn ... bcs this group just needs something more diverse than human, human with pointed ears, human without a nose with pointed ears, small human, and small human with pointed ears.
Just to ballance things out at least a little bit.

OR!!!
(And this is very wild speculation!)

Since in colector edition there is a Drow fighting Illithid ... wich in fact dont really make much sense in context of this game. laugh
But im not realy sure if Larian would dare.

Final companion that we get is Drizzt Do'Urden!

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 30/06/23 03:27 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
F
addict
addict
F
I suspect you are right about Helia (halfling female, bard?), but if it's a completely new character, my first guess is a dragonborn storm sorcerer, since it would make sense to keep them under wraps until their stuff is implemented, and it would explain why they choose storm, not a particularly popular option, for sorcerer.

Second guess, for similar reasons: Duergar monk.

Last edited by FrostyFardragon; 30/06/23 03:27 PM.
F
addict
addict
F
Technically, Jalheira is true neutral, since as fighter/druid, she was required to be under 2nd edition rules. She always acted lawful good though.

Last edited by FrostyFardragon; 30/06/23 03:31 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I'd like to have that Tiefling Bard from the Grove. She even has a unique outfit. But two Tieflings? It's probably not her.

It's probably a Dragonborn of some class we don't have represented in the party yet. Paladin, perhaps? Or Monk.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Gt27mustang
My guess would be maybe true soul Gut, since we know she is infected.
Nay, origin means one can play as it, so it has to originate from the ship. As other pointed out Helia is the main suspect - she has been datamined in early patches, though as Larian got more thorough with what they ship with each path, we haven't heard of her in a while. We are still very short on good origins, so I hope the new origin will stand aside Karlach as a potential good aligned party candidate.

Last edited by Wormerine; 30/06/23 03:37 PM.
F
addict
addict
F
Originally Posted by Eagle Pursuit
It's probably a Dragonborn of some class we don't have represented in the party yet. Paladin, perhaps? Or Monk.
Minthara is a paladin.

F
addict
addict
F
Originally Posted by Wormerine
[quote=Gt27mustang]
We are still very short on good origins

Any potential player character has to support both a good and an evil story arc.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
The first theory that occurred to me was that Minsc will be revealed as an Origin at PFH, as I don’t think the release actually says the final Origin will be a new, unannounced companion. And I think early datamining indicated that he might have been intended to be playable.

I’d prefer it to be another companion to get more party choice, but I’ll admit I’m kind of intrigued by the possibility of RP-ing Minsc as the hero of the adventure (or would it be Boo?).

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by FrostyFardragon
Minthara is a paladin.
Question is if she still will be in 1,0 laugh

F
addict
addict
F
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Minthara is a paladin.
Question is if she still will be in 1,0 laugh
Probably, I think she started out as a cleric, then was changed to a paladin when she became a potential party member and Karlach was re-imagined as a barbarian.

W
veteran
veteran
W
Jaheira’s true neutral alignment never made a whole lot of sense to me. It was required by the rules, but by her actions in the game and status as a Harper she always came across as good to me. I’ll be interested to see how she is in this game now that alignment has been all but removed from D&D.

I think FrostyFarDragon is onto something, and the new origin companion(s) will be from the races that weren’t implemented yet.

veteran
veteran
I think she started out as a cleric, then was changed to a paladin when she became a potential party member and Karlach was re-imagined as a barbarian.
Its one possibility, certainly.

Other one is that Larian just wanted to make sure people get to encounter as many paladins as possible, since they needed to test them properly. smile

Also ...

Her Magic the Gathering card claims her to be Cleric. wink
[img]https://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=563169&type=card[/img]

F
addict
addict
F
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I think she started out as a cleric, then was changed to a paladin when she became a potential party member and Karlach was re-imagined as a barbarian.
Its one possibility, certainly.

Other one is that Larian just wanted to make sure people get to encounter as many paladins as possible, since they needed to test them properly. smile

Also ...

Her Magic the Gathering card claims her to be Cleric. wink
[img]https://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=563169&type=card[/img]
Doesn't she have a specially designed suit of full plate, which most cleric domains wouldn't be able to wear?

veteran
veteran
Girl from the mind flayers pod that can be immediately turned? Might be a placeholder model for Helia though. It should be someone from the mind flayers ship, right?

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by neprostoman
Girl from the mind flayers pod that can be immediately turned? Might be a placeholder model for Helia though. It should be someone from the mind flayers ship, right?

They would be on the mind flayer ship but that doesn’t mean we run into them. I don’t think the person who can be turned into a mind flayer would be an origin character, as that would be a crappy way to lose out on a potential companion very early on. 😂

veteran
veteran
Hahaha, imaging it will be the guy saying 'I am a bit peaked mum, I think I'm going to bed early' or one of the drooling dudes from the SH chamber... Jokes aside, we didn't see Gale/Wyll/Astarion on the ship as well, so you are right, can be anyone!

Last edited by neprostoman; 30/06/23 04:08 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Eagle Pursuit
Minthara is a paladin.

Oh, weird. I must've had a brain fart and imagined she is a sorcerer.

Well, I guess Bard, Monk, and Sorcerer are the yet unrepresented Companion classes.

veteran
veteran
Doesn't she have a specially designed suit of full plate, which most cleric domains wouldn't be able to wear?
If she do ... i never seen it.

If you are talking about the armor she is wearing during last few EA patches, that is just recollor of Drow Leather. smile

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard