Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
I am new to Baldur's Gate games and wanted to get the Collector's Edition, but Steam only let me buy the digital early Access. But will there be a way for those of us that purchased thru Steam to get the Collector's still....maybe the box of goodies minus the digital game, with the cost reduced by the cost already spent on the game? Seems only fair. But I needed to ask. Hubby just ok'd me to get the All Bells and Whistles version! I want it all, but don't want to pay the price twice for the game itself. I know it's prob been asked, but was hoping there might be an updated decision in regards to this? Thank so much! It is a beautiful game! smile

Maybe offer a discount code to be used at checkout to cover the already purchased cost??? Or a credit for the cost to our Steam accounts? I would prefer that....so I can buy the DOS2.....just sayin.... It would go a long way to leaving a better taste in the mouth if having to purchase twice in order to get both early access and the box of fun.....

Last edited by PhoenixDova; 30/06/23 01:04 PM.
veteran
veteran
you have to order it from the Larian store here https://ce.baldursgate3.game/

its a preorder until end of Jully and comes in 3 options; PC , PS5 or other* [not just yet]

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I've not heard any indication that there's going to be any change to the guidance that you can't buy the CE without a game key. Though I have a fuzzy recollection that one rationale for that was that the game key was actually on the box, so now that apparently it will be emailed instead (or as well) then it feels as though that doesn't stand up as well. Though I'd guess that from a cost perspective it's all the rest of the stuff in the box that Larian is trying to cover and the incremental cost of supplying a game key as well might be fairly trivial, and if so I can understand why they'd not want to open the can of worms of refunding costs of Early Access games and possibly ending up making a loss on a lot of the Collector's Editions.

That's all pure speculation though. If you still feel the position is unclear you could try emailing Larian Support (you can find details of how by going to the Support section from their homepage).

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
RED the point of emailing out the key is so you have it in time for launch... shipping an actual box out across the world [Covid and all] takes time

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Well, it’s academic now but my understanding was that there was no plan to email CE keys to purchasers until the release date was moved forward. Instead the aim was to get them their physical boxes with keys included in time for 72h early access, but given that’s not possible for the earlier date the plan has changed. Perhaps that was a misunderstanding though. At least if it was, it’s now irrelevant given recent developments!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
i think you are right i.e, that was at one point the plain

p.s, like the new image mate

P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
So none of this is actually answering the question I guess. My concern wasn't having a key to wait for. It was paying TWICE for the same game.... Early access purchasers that wanted to upgrade to the COLLECTOR@S edition, not just the upgrade it auto goes to when the full version is released. I couldn't buy the Collectors Edition on Steam when I purchased. So I paid for it on steam, it gave me early access with the promise of the full game upgrade when released, but it would not allow the Collectors version to be bought. Now that I had to go direct to the Larian site to get the Collectors, I found I had to buy the game again. So my question is geared toward paying twice for the same game. 250 quid roughly for the collectors kit, and 50 quid for the first Steam copy of the game seems a steep expectation to eat the game cost twice....this is because Steam did not allow the collector's edition to be purchased. So I wanted to know if anything is being taken into consideration because I am sure I am not the only customer that has had this issue. smile

Last edited by PhoenixDova; 02/07/23 07:03 AM.
veteran
veteran
you can't get it off Gog or Steam no... only direct from Larian
there is another panel from hell coming up in a few days and its a good bet they will have give aways

the EA from Steam or Gog allows you to download [and play] the release build of the game 3 days before release so that would be on Jully 31th [their time zone]... you will get all the characters, spells and levels but still only Act 1 for those 3 days
note even if you buy the CE those 3 early days are the same but at least you should be able to keep playing saves... assuming the game even boots of course

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by PhoenixDova
So none of this is actually answering the question I guess. My concern wasn't having a key to wait for. It was paying TWICE for the same game.... Early access purchasers that wanted to upgrade to the COLLECTOR@S edition, not just the upgrade it auto goes to when the full version is released.

As per my original response above, and apologies if it wasn’t clear, my understanding is that there are no plans to offer reductions to the CE for people who have previously bought a Steam or GoG key. I won’t repeat my speculation as to why, but certainly you’re not the only person to ask the question and understandably so.

As I mentioned, the best thing to do to get a definitive answer on the latest position would perhaps be to contact Larian support via their website (https://larian.com/support/baldur-s-gate-3).

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Btw, have you played the Steam early access version? I wasn’t clear on whether you’d only bought it recently. I’ve never actually returned a Steam game so am not sure about their refund policy but if that’s an option then you’d now only have a few weeks to wait for your Collector’s edition game key.

veteran
veteran
you get 30 days to return a game on Gog [no questions asked and number of plays doesn't matter] just to cover all bases

D
stranger
stranger
D
Really sucks you have to buy the game twice if you have early access and want the CE. Bummer.

veteran
veteran
To be clear for everyone the CE is the same game... The point is you get an actual box to place on display

D
stranger
stranger
D
I understand that. I'm talking about the big package of memorabilia. Not just the game. https://us.merch.larian.com/en/products/baldur-s-gate-3-collector-s-edition?

Link Copied to Clipboard