Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
enthusiast
enthusiast
Im wondering if it will be the bard that sings on the hill near the squirrels
or
maybe the data mined werewolf? bard?

Last edited by Xzoviac; 02/07/23 10:04 PM.
B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by Xzoviac
Im wondering if it will be the bard that sings on the hill near the squirrels
As theorised above no, because reasons.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I am not a fan of smaller races, but that seems to be the only type of companion we miss. Not excited for them being a bard as well, we'll see. I doubt we'll get two same classes or races as origin characters, so that leaves us with...

Half-orc, drow, dwarf, halfling, gnome or dragonborn.
As for classes, those are ranger, sorcerer, bard, monk.

I'm thinking that the fact they were withholding any info on the last origin character they are from the recently annouced races/classes.

I would be out of my mind with a drow ranger origin character(since they confirmed gloom stalkers!), but statistically speaking it probably will be a smaller race. So maybe a duergar?

F
addict
addict
F
Originally Posted by Vitani
ranger,

Minsc is a ranger.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by FrostyFardragon
ranger,

Minsc is a ranger.
Oh no, I forgot.

Scratch that drow ranger origin character then frown

B
old hand
old hand
B
I am not a fan of smaller races, but that seems to be the only type of companion we miss. Not excited for them being a bard as well, we'll see. I doubt we'll get two same classes or races as origin characters, so that leaves us with...
We have two arcane casters, a thief, a cleric and two "fighters".
A glut of knife ears, a demonspawn and humans.
A Dwarf Druid - as icky as it is - would tick the most "we don't have it yet" boxes, I think.
Maybe a Halfling or Gnome Bard?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Buba68
We have two arcane casters, a thief, a cleric and two "fighters".
A glut of knife ears, a demonspawn and humans.
A Dwarf Druid - as icky as it is - would tick the most "we don't have it yet" boxes, I think.
Maybe a Halfling or Gnome Bard?

I think two non-origin druids pretty much guarantee the final origin character won't be that class.

I hope.

And if we really need to get a bard companion let it be a half-orc, I need half-orcs in less stereotypical roles laugh

B
old hand
old hand
B
If this last character is to be some one we haven't met yet then where/how will they be slotted in to Act 1?

I'm still thinking about whether this character will have some entity behind them like the current 5 do. Karlach seems to be the opposite as she has 'rebelled' from her erstwhile boss (or so she says).

F
addict
addict
F
Originally Posted by Beechams
If this last character is to be some one we haven't met yet then where/how will they be slotted in to Act 1?

Anywhere, they fell of a spaceship.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Tuco
[quote=FrostyFardragon]
[Linked Image from cdn.discordapp.com]

I always tried to stay away from any datamined information about the game but damn, this?

This is just perfection.

This is what I want.

This is what I need.

I'm going to be very sad if this badass blood war-fighting menace is going to have the face of a porcelain doll.

I'm still hoping she seems so "smooth" now because the footage was from the PS5 version of the game, together with a more illuminated background which tends to make scars and wrinkles less visible.

Oh well, I can only hope.

L
addict
addict
L
I believe the scraps of other origins besides Helia were datamined by Chubblot early in development. Helia still seems the most likely, but Larian could surprise us and give us one of those. Or even an entirely new character!

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by FrostyFardragon

Anywhere, they fell of a spaceship.

Did they? Where did they fall? How did they survive the fall?

What level are we when we come across Karlach? Her story is linked to the dodgy Tyr paladin. What I'm wondering is if this last character will be tied to any person or group we have already met rather than being just a person who fell off a spaceship and is now just standing around waiting for any passing adventurer to take a fancy to them.

F
addict
addict
F
Where did they fall?
Somewhere in the starting area.
How did they survive the fall?
Same way as all the other origin characters.
What level are we when we come across Karlach?
At least level 1.
Her story is linked to the dodgy Tyr paladin.
She still fell off the spaceship though, having jumped onto it as it passed through Avernus, as she tells you if you question her.

Last edited by FrostyFardragon; 03/07/23 04:02 PM.
B
old hand
old hand
B
There is a big difference between falling off a spaceship and walking out of the wreckage of said spaceship and an even bigger difference between jumping on to a docked spaceship and falling off a moving one.
We meet Shadowheart and Lae'zel on the ship then Shadowheart immediately after the crash. Lae'zel, Gale and Asterion are all close by. Wyll we meet just outside the Tiefling Camp/Druid Grove. (Is his intervention in the fight the first the tieflings have seen him?).
Karlach is found much later and Anders the fake paladin says they have been tracking her due to crimes she has committed (murdering refugees). Anders says it is their 'third battle in as many days'. Have we been off the ship for three days? Now, the murdering refugees story and the three days of fighting are obviously lies and the group is working for Zariel but it still leaves the question of how Anders and his group catch up with Karlach.
Karlach also mentions that she is off to Baldur's Gate so getting her in Act 1 seems unlikely unless the dialogue for that part is changed.

Last edited by Beechams; 03/07/23 06:04 PM.
B
old hand
old hand
B
It is possible to reach Karlach very quickly - to the NE of Scratch one may jump over the stream (no need for bridge), turn right and get to her without any fights between Druid Grove Gate and her location.
BTW - in my first exploration I missed Astarion completely, never investigating that side of the Nautiloid.
BTW2 - Shadowheart is on the beach if we extracted her from the cocoon. Otherwise she is moping in DG.

Last edited by Buba68; 03/07/23 05:27 PM.
old hand
old hand
BTW2 - Shadowheart is on the beach if we extracted her from the cocoon. Otherwise she is moping in DG.
SH is also in DG if we freed her but didn't talk to her at the beach and take a long rest instead.

C
C
There is a big difference between falling off a spaceship and walking out of the wreckage of said spaceship and an even bigger difference between jumping on to a docked spaceship and falling a moving one.
We meet Shadowheart and Lae'zel on the ship then Shadowheart immediately after the crash. Lae'zel, Gale and Asterion are all close by. Wyll we meet just outside the Tiefling Camp/Druid Grove. (Is his intervention in the fight the first the tieflings have seen him?).
Karlach is found much later and Anders the fake paladin says they have been tracking her due to crimes she has committed (murdering refugees). Anders says it is their 'third battle in as many days'. Have we been off the ship for three days? Now, the murdering refugees story and the three days of fighting are obviously lies and the group is working for Zariel but it still leaves the question of how Anders and his group catch up with Karlach.
Karlach also mentions that she is off to Baldur's Gate so getting her in Act 1 seems unlikely unless the dialogue for that part is changed.

1. We know Karlach has a tadpole, so the only difference is she got caught after she willingly boarded. Apart from that, no difference at all. She survived the same way as the other origin characters did.
2. We also know Mizora was captured and her pod isn't too far from Karlach so distance is not an issue
3. Anders was sent by Zariel, pretty much the same way the gur was sent by Cazador. They're both being actively hunted.
4. Yes, canonically at least 2 or 3 days have passed if the cut scenes appear where the companions suggest getting rest
5. The paladins were fighting gnolls as well, as stated by them multiple times and are likely including those battles
6. Zevlor knows and mentions Wyl, suggesting he has been there a while, probably a day or two if you did the old church before the druids groove
7. It is pretty much guaranteed that Karlach will join in Act 1 and that her previous dialogue was a placeholder. She's an origin character.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by Lotus Noctus
SH is also in DG if we freed her but didn't talk to her at the beach and take a long rest instead.
Good to know!

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by crashdaddy
2. We also know Mizora was captured and her pod isn't too far from Karlach so distance is not an issue
3. Anders was sent by Zariel, pretty much the same way the gur was sent by Cazador. They're both being actively hunted.

5. The paladins were fighting gnolls as well, as stated by them multiple times and are likely including those battles

2. I take it that comes from dialogue with Wyll? I've never bothered with him so I don't know much about him.

3. Okay so Zariel knows Karlach is on the ship, then knows where the ship has crashed and where Karlach is. Given that Zariel knows what a super-dooper fighter Karlach is why does she send a small party of average minions?

5. Fair point.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by crashdaddy
[quote=Beechams]
2. We also know Mizora was captured and her pod isn't too far from Karlach so distance is not an issue.

If you're referring to the pod that smells of brimstone, I assumed that that was Karlach's pod. We get told that Mizora's at moonrise towers, it doesn't make much sense for her to just be wandering around the starting area. Especially because we know she's still in contact with Wyll. If she were in the area she would lead him to her immediately.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard