Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 39 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 38 39
veteran
veteran
Love that second one ...
A question: Does she still drop that shield? Bcs im quite sure i didnt get it from her body on patch 9.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
journeyman
journeyman
Done the evil path once and it was delightful... A trio of Ogres jumped into action ... was epic

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Sozz
Good to see you again. Don't stop banging that drum OMA, you crazy kid smile

Thank you smile

[Linked Image from ih1.redbubble.net]
Minthara iPhone Case
Designed and sold by shiroishi
https://www.redbubble.com/i/iphone-case/Minthara-by-shiroishi/99525229.E69SZ

Interestingly, the author of the art is also from Ukraine. He has a lot of goods with Minthara there, masks, mugs, notebooks and so on.

https://www.instagram.com/shiroishi_art/
and here are his other works not related to this character

Last edited by OneManArmy; 23/01/23 10:56 PM.

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Minthara has been officially confirmed as a companion!
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
C
stranger
stranger
C
Never liked that Tiefling Village anyways

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
So, we got a fantastic scene where we can save Minthara in the Moonrise Tower, reveal the truth about the Absolute to her, and become her prince on a white horse!

This episode was amazing and promising.

Next, I got a buggy companion that yelled "In the name of the Absolute!" at every fight (even in a fight with Keherik Torm), and with whom there was no continuation of the romance and sex scenes.

But at the same time, there are big hints that they are present in the game, it's just that players cannot get them due to some bugs. The most striking example is a conversation with an NPC who deals with lovers in the Circus, where you can choose Minthara, and sex with Minthara in act 1.

I do not understand this

T
stranger
stranger
T
Agreed, buggy companion, half baked and underdeveloped relationship arc. Most disappointing part of the game so far. And the trade off of having the other companions leave is not worth it with Minthara in her current state. It feels like Larian phoned it in with her or they just didn't have time to make her worthwhile as she was originally meant to be a one night stand not a full blown companion, just a hunch.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Thargrim
Agreed, buggy companion, half baked and underdeveloped relationship arc. Most disappointing part of the game so far. And the trade off of having the other companions leave is not worth it with Minthara in her current state. It feels like Larian phoned it in with her or they just didn't have time to make her worthwhile as she was originally meant to be a one night stand not a full blown companion, just a hunch.

Larian just needs to refine the system of relationships with her, and fix some bugs

She should start already with a high attitude towards the Main Character, for example, more than gives Shadow the Heart after being rescued from the Natuloid. And the player should be able to continue the romance immediately after adding her to the party

If there is no horny drow content at all, then I really wonder why this was not done.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I've moved this thread to the new Story & Characters subforum where it now seems to fit better.

And a reminder to avoid spoilers (or at least put them in spoiler tags) when talking about game events, particularly but not only past the point of what we saw in early access.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Thargrim
Ouch, is it really that bad? I am actually looking forward to playing Evil and recruiting her.

Such a shame.

O
apprentice
apprentice
O
I think the Act 1 choices regarding Minthara are fine, but the big concerns are about follow-up content and reactivity during Acts 2 and 3. That's where some things either appear to be lacking or, perhaps, currently come across as awkward and buggy.

Easy example: You can try to ask her about Shadowheart quite early in Act 2, but Minthara's response will seemingly spoil stuff that hasn't happened yet. I have to assume there's a more neutral or at least different line that isn't being triggered.

That said...it's nice to use her as a paladin, particularly if you aren't playing as one or don't plan to respec anyone into that class.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Everybody needs to do a dark urge run pursuing Minthara only for the dialogue (not that tere is more than dialogue xd but is worth it)

enthusiast
enthusiast
If yous haven't Tumblr searched Minthara, there's some great original fan art trending there, also many screenshots

also this post https://www.tumblr.com/alexissara/725091426546941952/recruiting-minthara-without-doing-a-war-crime
gives a way to recruit her AND Wyll and Karlach, suggests there is dialogue between them, but it's a sort of meta way but shows it is possible. But if the game has Minthara-Wyll/Karlach dialogue then at one stage she was supposed to be a bigger presence in the game right?

Last edited by Starshine; 09/08/23 11:39 PM.

Also- I support the important thread in the suggestions: Let everyone in the Party Speak
O
apprentice
apprentice
O
For those who have played through all the currently available content...I remember during the final PFH, there was big deal made about a question Minthara asks the player character once you rescue her. When does that question happen? Not sure if I've seen that.

enthusiast
enthusiast
what was the question? I'm fairly near the end of the game and I've got plenty of her dialogue screenshoted also so maybe can find it, but as someone who didn't keep up with EA information and avoided spoilers outside of playing the EA twice, I don't know the question.

Also- I support the important thread in the suggestions: Let everyone in the Party Speak
O
apprentice
apprentice
O
Originally Posted by Starshine
what was the question? I'm fairly near the end of the game and I've got plenty of her dialogue screenshoted also so maybe can find it, but as someone who didn't keep up with EA information and avoided spoilers outside of playing the EA twice, I don't know the question.

Well, Swen certainly didn't spell out the question...which is part of why I'm curious about what exactly he meant.

Apparently it was a question asked by Minthara, where the player character had to answer and give an explanation for his/her/their actions. Something like, Minthara was evil in part due to the Absolute's influence, but the player character wasn't and still did evil actions.

Something like that, apparently Swen liked it, but again...he didn't say what was exactly the question.

Last edited by Ommadon; 10/08/23 06:10 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Ommadon

Well, Swen certainly didn't spell out the question...which is part of why I'm curious about what exactly he meant.

Apparently it was a question asked by Minthara, where the player character had to answer and give an explanation for his/her/their actions. Something like, Minthara was evil in part due to the Absolute's influence, but the player character wasn't and still did evil actions.

Something like that, apparently Swen liked it, but again...he didn't say what was exactly the question.

Oh I've had that question, It's great. She's wrestling with her having been mind controlled and testing us for loyalty.
I went with the, I did it to impress you option, (because I mean, I did, but also I felt saying I did it to manipulate you into telling me stuff about the absolute wouldn't be a trust gaining thing to say to someone just betrayed.)

Here is a tumblr post of someone elses screenshots
https://www.tumblr.com/angrymurderc...a-why-did-you-do-it-me-wanted-to-impress

[Linked Image from 64.media.tumblr.com]

veteran
veteran
lol, what a silly companion then. The ONLY way to recruit her is to be a psycho, and then she's like "omg, wtf did you do?"? Seriously?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
lol, what a silly companion then. The ONLY way to recruit her is to be a psycho, and then she's like "omg, wtf did you do?"? Seriously?
it took more time for you to write that comment, then it would have taken to click the link, read the rest of the screenshots and see you are wrong and save everyone the trouble

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
it took more time for you to write that comment, then it would have taken to click the link, read the rest of the screenshots and see you are wrong and save everyone the trouble

this comment and the previous one took me 10 seconds, why would I click on the link to see the rest of the screenshots when that one sums it up nicely?

Page 27 of 39 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard