Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
I think Nettie would have been a better hoice than Khaga, since Khaga is more likely to just be evil. Plus she'd give us a dwarf companion instead of another half/elf.

I thought about Nettie but I see her as more of a healer (an ophthalmologist not so much). Druids don't do it for me whatever the game.

I'm more of a heightist than a racist. Every one looking up and down does my head in. In Solasta I play elves or half-elves for the darkvision though I've currently got a half-orc paladin (also darkvisioned).

veteran
veteran
I think Khaga as an evil character is too hostile to really fit. Her whole plan is to isolate herself from outsiders. It takes at least one dice roll to turn her good, otherwise she probably dies. Nettie meanwhile, is more likely to live if you're playing a good character, and her intentions are genuinely good from the start.

B
old hand
old hand
B
I think Khaga as an evil character is too hostile to really fit. Her whole plan is to isolate herself from outsiders. It takes at least one dice roll to turn her good, otherwise she probably dies. Nettie meanwhile, is more likely to live if you're playing a good character, and her intentions are genuinely good from the start.

The way things are now Kagha just ends up standing around doing nothing. frown

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Beechams

The way things are now Kagha just ends up standing around doing nothing. frown

Unbelievable. She should have lots of sweeping to do after being demoted to acolyte shadowheartgiggle

In all seriousness, though - what more is there for her do do, story wise? As far as EA goes her story is over.

Maybe there will be more on full release, you never know.

veteran
veteran
I think she's done and her story is over save for maybe showing up at the end with the other druids. There's nothing else she needs to have done

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by Vitani
In all seriousness, though - what more is there for her do do, story wise? As far as EA goes her story is over.

Maybe there will be more on full release, you never know.

I think she's done and her story is over save for maybe showing up at the end with the other druids. There's nothing else she needs to have done

Quite possibly but it's where she stands that puzzles me. Why not just leave her in the main druid room where her story plays out?

Icelyn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
This thread needs more Halsin!🐻🐻🐻

[Linked Image from i.redd.it]

veteran
veteran
Indeed. You know, I feel the need to ask how much interaction we actually have with halsin. In my playthroughs we have some exchanges when he's rescued, one at the party, there's him admonishing Khaga and maybe one or two more exchanges of dialogue after that, then nothing. Have I missed something? I feel like I must have given how popular he is and how much so many people seem to love him. He doesn't even have a love scene in EA like Minthara does. I wanna know the source of all this love because I don’t feel like I've interacted with him enough to form any kind of opinion on him. Certainly not enough to want him as a companion.

old hand
old hand
The dude is brilliant at being a chad and politely insulting the MC in an extremely patronising manner! Halsin origin, please? So I could patronise the sh** out of the edgy supporting cast???

veteran
veteran
Okay, that's a start! Keep the Halsin love coming! I wanna know what people love about him! Beyond the rather thorough education that picture provides. Because yeah, that picture Icelyn shared really does convey a lot. If Halsin really was propelled to companion status by pure player horniness, I wouldn't even be mad. I totally get it.

old hand
old hand
Also, I wonder at what point in the story will we be able to recruit the guy? It seems unlikely to me that we are getting him right after the Tieflings quest. An Archdruid directly joining to curl in the dirt with some wannabe posers? Not likely... I feel like we'd have to grind the daddy all the way up to some big quest in the Moonrise area, then finish it, and only theeen we'd get him.

Icelyn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I wanna know the source of all this love because I don’t feel like I've interacted with him enough to form any kind of opinion on him. Certainly not enough to want him as a companion.
I love elves and casters, and he is both! He is also one of the few good characters in the game so far (and he will likely be the only good male romance option). He helps people and is kind to everyone, even Kagha, but isn’t a pushover. I also love animals and environmental themes. With him being a Druid, it is likely these will be part of his quest(s)! He is also superbuff!😊 So basically he has everything!😜🐻

Originally Posted by neprostoman
Also, I wonder at what point in the story will we be able to recruit the guy? It seems unlikely to me that we are getting him right after the Tieflings quest. An Archdruid directly joining to curl in the dirt with some wannabe posers? Not likely... I feel like we'd have to grind the daddy all the way up to some big quest in the Moonrise area, then finish it, and only theeen we'd get him.
Hopefully he will be a companion once he joins your camp! Otherwise he is just sitting around at camp!😜

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Icelyn
Otherwise he is just sitting around at camp!😜

I call it - the chad druid's privilege.

old hand
old hand
A hot elf who you rescue from a dungeon, then go on to save what is most precious to them? That's a set-up for romance if I ever saw one. Plus there's the fact that all the other romanceable males are... sketchy... in one way or another. Having a non-sketchy option is great.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Well, he's level 5 in EA so if that's the same in the full release then it doesn't seem unreasonable to have him join after the party as chances are our party will be level 4 or 5 by then. And he's hanging round our camp from that point anyway, as has been said, so he may as well do something useful!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
I feel like we'd have to grind the daddy all the way up to some big quest in the Moonrise area, then finish it, and only theeen we'd get him.
That’s my suspicion as well - I think that might apply to all companions.

journeyman
journeyman
Halsin has been a companion. So has Minthara. But they are not origin characters. Even in Larian's email, they make that distinction. I believe the distinction is that the companions will join our groups for certain missions where we may need them (clearing the goblin camp or attacking the druids), and as long as we have aligned ourselves with them. But they won't be like origin characters where we can swap them out for any and all questing.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by David12183
Halsin has been a companion. So has Minthara. But they are not origin characters.
They haven't been in early access, no. They have been camp followers. What makes origins origins is that we can play as them. They are both origins (pickable as a playable character), and companions (NPCs whom we can recruit to our party).

Companions have been a feature in RPG for a long time, so I find it unlikely Larian would just reuse the term while providing a fraction of what one expect the companion to be. Marian has announced Helsin and Minthara as companions - something we knew about Minsc and Jaheira but those two were a new info.

Last edited by Wormerine; 05/07/23 10:53 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
A hot elf who you rescue from a dungeon, then go on to save what is most precious to them? That's a set-up for romance if I ever saw one. Plus there's the fact that all the other romanceable males are... sketchy... in one way or another. Having a non-sketchy option is great.
I am a sucker for complicated relationships in video games, but I do agree it will be a nice change of pace. Variety is the spice of life as they say smile

Halsin does seem very straighforward and firm in what he does, I wonder what type of conflict Larian will introduce here. Every good story arc has conflict after all!

veteran
veteran
Being diminished into a low level companion ruins Halsin as a character for me, unfortunately. I won't be able to take him in my party.

Nettie would have made much more sense as a companion as Halsin should be at least level 9 to reflect his status as First Druid and "powerful healer". The world needs powerful NPCs to be complete. Larian are telling us no NPC can be more powerful than your party, ever.

The complete disconnect between game mechanics (levels) and storytelling in BG3 is appalling and unnecessary. Level 1 and level 5 characters are consistently being portrayed as powerful and amazing. When everything is "powerful and amazing", nothing is.

Last edited by 1varangian; 05/07/23 11:20 AM.
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard