Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
enthusiast
enthusiast
Id love to visit candle keep friendly arm and naskal again, but im not going to hold my breath

Id like them to announce npc schedules to make the world more alive would feel strange in the city of baldurs gate everyone hardly moving

Hoping on lightning and color palete changes

Chain being removed and bg1/2 group system being used

A lot more companion npcs so we have more then one person from each class so i can build my party around personalitys and still get the classes i want ( i doubt we are going to have enough good companions)

Minor fixes such as everyone having weapons floating on the backs, i hate this

Finally npcs you kill having equipment on their corpses i find it really emersion breaking when you kill an npc with cool armour and weapons and they have no equipment, the oathbreaker paladin npc for example

Being able to customise orgin race and appearance when you find them so i can turn gale in to a gnome

And wyll in to the red prince

If any of this list is addressed id be fairly happy tbh

Last edited by Xzoviac; 06/07/23 08:25 AM.
veteran
veteran
Helia as the final origin companion
Interface
Artificer class

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Is there any reason to believe Artificer may be actually added as a playable class or is this just a bit of wishful thinking from some of you?
Because I was under the impression that what they gave us with the last update was considered their final list of races and classes.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
I am fully expecting Larian to present their new and functional stealth system, announce that Shove is now a full action and can be used to knock enemies prone and inform us that a maximum of one spell of 1st level or higher can be cast per turn. After that I expect Sven to arrive on a real unicorn and reveal that the true release date is actually this Saturday.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tuco
Is there any reason to believe Artificer may be actually added as a playable class or is this just a bit of wishful thinking from some of you?
Because I was under the impression that what they gave us with the last update was considered their final list of races and classes.
The deep gnomes you meet in EA are supposed to be artificers and that new baddie with the robot army is giving me artificer vibes. That is my only reason to hope for artificer and I'm fully aware that this will probably not happen and that they more likely will change the dialogues with the deep gnomes in full game.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Llengrath
I am fully expecting Larian to present their new and functional stealth system, announce that Shove is now a full action and can be used to knock enemies prone and inform us that a maximum of one spell of 1st level or higher can be cast per turn. After that I expect Sven to arrive on a real unicorn and reveal that the true release date is actually this Saturday.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
Extra Feat at Level 1 or some other means to gain feats. There are 12 levels in the game, that is 3 ASIs for most classes. You need 2 ASIs to make your primary stat to 20, which means gaining a feat only at the end game.

G
OP Offline
G
[quote=Xzoviac]Id love to visit candle keep friendly arm and naskal again, but im not going to hold my breath

"My Inn's as clean as an Elvin arse"

Yes, all points south of the Chionthar river (which is what I am assuming we wake up next to).

Covers eyes (peeking between my fingers), whilst crossing my other fingers.

Last edited by Grizzmyt; 07/07/23 04:16 AM.
B
old hand
old hand
B
Crafting has been mentioned a few times but is there crafting, either in EA or promised in some previous PFH or whatever? I know there are two or three 'one-off' crafting episodes in EA but I don't have an impression of a crafting system from my few play-throughs.

F
addict
addict
F
The 7th is my birthday, so... cake.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by FrostyFardragon
The 7th is my birthday, so... cake.
You'd better hope that some one buys you a crafting recipe and ingredients.

G
OP Offline
G
The deep gnomes you meet in EA are supposed to be artificers and that new baddie with the robot army is giving me artificer vibes. That is my only reason to hope for artificer and I'm fully aware that this will probably not happen and that they more likely will change the dialogues with the deep gnomes in full game.[/quote]

I hope that beautiful Underdark city is more than eye candy. A Gnome workshop would be awesome.

Last edited by Grizzmyt; 06/07/23 03:09 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
A conversation between Gale and Elminster would really be... interesting.
Why?

In the aftermath of the Sundering, the Simbul became corrupted by magic and needed to consume powerful magical items to be kept alive. Elminster, desperate to save his lady love's life, went all over Faerun collecting powerful magic items to feed to her. Sound familiar?

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by Beechams
Crafting has been mentioned a few times but is there crafting, either in EA or promised in some previous PFH or whatever? I know there are two or three 'one-off' crafting episodes in EA but I don't have an impression of a crafting system from my few play-throughs.

It's not implemented in EA, but I'm 99% sure it has been confirmed by Larian. It should utilize a lot of those random plants we can pick up in game.

C
addict
addict
C
Originally Posted by Siege664
It's not implemented in EA, but I'm 99% sure it has been confirmed by Larian. It should utilize a lot of those random plants we can pick up in game.

I really miss the way they did it 2 or 3 patches ago, when the herbs were 1 camp supply food items. Using them to get to an even 40 very simply while imagining how that night's stew was seasoned was convenient and fun.

L
addict
addict
L
those would be for potions, I guess? We haven't seen much indicating deeper crafting abilities (weapons, armor etc) though. Stuff like the Sussar weapons and adamantine equipment are quest/singular instances with bespoke rewards. Like Larian made this big song and dance about how Adamantine is a lost art (what?) and can only be made from mithral(what?) in this special long-lost forge deep in the underdark (what?) Ditto for the Sussar weapons, you can only make them at a special forge, and the bark itself is limited to a single piece.

Crafting weapons/armor seems to have more in common with assembling the Flail of Ages than it does with something like NWN2's crafting.

I
old hand
old hand
I
Basically only the last origin. Although any new mechanic would be appreciated.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Llengrath
I am fully expecting Larian to present their new and functional stealth system, announce that Shove is now a full action and can be used to knock enemies prone and inform us that a maximum of one spell of 1st level or higher can be cast per turn.
Those would be my wishes as well. I would also hope for a new chaining interface - not change to underlying system itself, but a better interface allowing us to chain individual characters easily, and preventing characters from randomly switching places.

Last edited by Wormerine; 06/07/23 04:48 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
1) info on the house rules used for the monk class which looks super interesting. also any changes to spore druid and storm sorcerer subclasses.
2) I'd love to see a final patch that models can use so there are day 1 mods available.
3) Some hints of what future expansions might look like. i.e. adventures with corresponding new subclasses.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by kanisatha
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
A conversation between Gale and Elminster would really be... interesting.
Why?

In the aftermath of the Sundering, the Simbul became corrupted by magic and needed to consume powerful magical items to be kept alive. Elminster, desperate to save his lady love's life, went all over Faerun collecting powerful magic items to feed to her. Sound familiar?

Are you asking me why or explaining why? confused Though I didn't know that bit of backstory, I was just referring to their similar-but-then-widely-diverging histories with Mystra. The bit you added would be icing on the cake, if Larian acknowledges it.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard