Page 1 of 2 1 2
#855241 06/07/23 04:54 PM
Tuco Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
From Larian's tiktok:

Dragonborn

I couldn't see it at first since I don't have a tiktok account but it worked from my phone.If you ha problems visualizing it try to change device.

Last edited by Tuco; 06/07/23 04:55 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Tuco #855264 06/07/23 05:41 PM
veteran
veteran
Am i the only one who is slightly anoyed that Larian is spreading tidbits all over internet, rather than repost everything everywhere? :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Tuco #855265 06/07/23 05:43 PM
Tuco Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I didn't want to start a whine over it, but when I spotted this elsewhere I couldn't help but think "Damn, they REALLY don't want to post stuff on their own forum, uh?"

Last edited by Tuco; 06/07/23 05:43 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Am i the only one who is slightly anoyed that Larian is spreading tidbits all over internet, rather than repost everything everywhere? :-/

Welcome to the post-Twitter internet

Tuco #855279 06/07/23 06:10 PM
veteran
veteran
Looks good I guess? Not something I'm interested in playing, especially with no voiced player character, but I can see it being popular.

Off-topic: eww tiktok.

Tuco #855281 06/07/23 06:12 PM
veteran
veteran
I can't open it, is it worth to download the app for this?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by neprostoman
No just a 10second modle preview and mention of looking gorgeous if you play a draconic Sorcerer, larian commented you can choose to have a tail too

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by neprostoman

It’s nothing you won’t see in the full reveal shortly. I will never play a dragonborn, but I do need to admit, their art department knocked them out of the park. They look great.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Eagle Pursuit
Welcome to the post-Twitter internet
Well, i can live with that ...
We dont use Twitter too much in mid Europe anyway, this is still more land of Facebook. laugh

I just dont really understand why fragment their info.
We got community update ... at same day there was that Playstation article, with additional screenshots ... then there is model to look at tiktok ... while some other stuff is happening on Twitter ... and as Tuco allready mentioned, meanwhile Forum (wich i would dare to presume will be main hub of all media related to this game) is completely forgotten. :-/
Is it really so hard to CtrlC+CtrlV same information to several sources? :-/

C
addict
addict
C
I just dont really understand why fragment their info.

Widen the audience. There are people who will get that in their tiktok feed who would never have heard of the game, and will be interested now.

Every medium has a different core demographic, and I'm fairly confident that eg the core demo of these forums is older and skews more male than tiktok's core demo

Broader engagement across demos likelihood results in increased sales numbers

Tuco #855392 06/07/23 09:48 PM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Tuco
I didn't want to start a whine over it, but when I spotted this elsewhere I couldn't help but think "Damn, they REALLY don't want to post stuff on their own forum, uh?"

Well, apparently I'm not the only one either ...

Anyway, while I was on TikTok, I looked at the past couple of, uh ... TikToks they released there. I considered making a new thread as this is not Dragonborn related, but I decided this would be a short aside.

The post just before the Dragonborn preview is titled "It’s important to exercise your little guys.". It's about a Necromancer and their army of zombies. It informed me of two things.

1) In the full release version of the game, we might be able to have our Wizards wear more interesting clothes than the green bathrobes we've been stuck with so far (unless you stole Gale's blue bathrobe).

2) Larian seems to be fully embracing the fact that, for those choosing to go for a summoner playstyle, this will mean having your character followed by a shapeless mass of summons.

I've shared a couple of times my worry that, with BG3's less-than-stellar party controls, and in particular the absence of party formations, the fun of the concept of playing a summoner (be it a Wizard or a Druid) might held back significantly.

I mean, one the points of having an army of disposable bodies is that your squishy spellcaster can be protected by a good frontline, one that is quite hard to go around if your number of summons is significant. If your frontline starts combats at the back, instead of the front, it's quickly much less efficient.

My initial thought was that, if Larian chose to bring no improvements on the party controls, they might quite possibly choose to not implement the Shepherd Druid and the Necromancer Wizard. And to not implement spells like Animate Dead or Conjure Animals. We now know that Animate Dead and Conjure Elemental weren't cut. So I'm now mostly expecting Conjure Animals and many of its Conjure This/Summon That cousins to make it.

My next thought was that Larian might choose not to put the spotlight on the summoner playstyle. In order to avoid showcasing the lack of party formations, and overall the difficulty of controling large groups.

Turns out, they are happy to put the spotlight on summoners being followed, approximately well, by a disorganised mass of summons. Which probably means Larian is perfectly happy with their party controls. Which probably means it won't be improved. It's not that I was particularly hoping or expecting improvement on this frequently brought up aspect, but still, this made me re-adjust my expecations/hopes for this to one notch lower.

Tuco #855393 06/07/23 09:50 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by colinl8
Widen the audience.
I dont think thats valid argument ...
Since that dont justify excluding same information from other sources.

Ok, so TicToc is created for short videos ... so you create short video for TicToc ...
Bcs there is no way you would share long article there.

I get that ...

But then
Why not include that video to Community Update, or Twitter post, or whatever the hells else. laugh
You know, places where you CAN share it ... if you want.

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 06/07/23 09:51 PM.

veteran
veteran

I think you hit on the point Rag laugh They simply don't want to share it with the forums.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by colinl8
Widen the audience.
I dont think thats valid argument ...
Since that dont justify excluding same information from other sources.

Ok, so TicToc is created for short videos ... so you create short video for TicToc ...
Bcs there is no way you would share long article there.

I get that ...

But then
Why not include that video to Community Update, or Twitter post, or whatever the hells else. laugh
They could Make a youtube short too and add it to the forums seems weird they dont utilise the forums more

Tuco #855397 06/07/23 09:57 PM
veteran
veteran
I feel like they've made it known through their inaction for a long time that they don't actually care about us over here on the forums.

C
C
my exact thoughts.. not having a centralized platform for news updates may make it difficult for fans to find and access the latest information easily. It can result in a scattered experience... forcing us to follow them on all platforms just to improve their follower count is IMO a bad strategy, I personally don't use any social platform except Twitter nowadays and will definitely not download tiktok just to see some Larian news each few months

crst #855482 07/07/23 10:53 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by crst
my exact thoughts.. not having a centralized platform for news updates may make it difficult for fans to find and access the latest information easily. It can result in a scattered experience... forcing us to follow them on all platforms just to improve their follower count is IMO a bad strategy, I personally don't use any social platform except Twitter nowadays and will definitely not download tiktok just to see some Larian news each few months
It's marketing, and I'm sure they have a whole bunch of them people who know how to sell a game.

Each social media platform has it's own, erhm..."cultrue", for lack of better words. TikTok is ment for fast, flashy videos, tumblr is a hellsite, now infused with refugees from Twitter. FB is for riling up 'boomers' and this forum...? Forums were never a place the devs contacted the playerbase, not for years and this one is no exception.

And Twitter is dead, no sense in talking about it.

So a flashy, 10 second film went to TikTok, not worth mentioning it on other platforms, really.

Tuco #855484 07/07/23 11:10 AM
F
addict
addict
F
I managed to watch it without signing up for a tiktok account. Just skip through the things asking you to sign up and it plays.

It's just showcasing cosmetic options. The only actual news is that there is a unique scale pattern for dragonborn draconic sorcerers.

Tuco #855491 07/07/23 11:23 AM
I
old hand
old hand
I
Hm, all those dragonborn appear tail-less like it is normal in D&D.
Yet one picture of a dragonborn larian showed has a small tail. I wonder if that is optional or if Larian used an outdated picture and all dragonborn in the game wont have a tail...

Ixal #855496 07/07/23 11:27 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ixal
Hm, all those dragonborn appear tail-less like it is normal in D&D.
Yet one picture of a dragonborn larian showed has a small tail. I wonder if that is optional or if Larian used an outdated picture and all dragonborn in the game wont have a tail...

Tails are optional. Someone asked a similar question on the tiktok video and Larian responded, letting us know that tails are an option.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard