Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 18 1 2 3 4 17 18
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by fylimar
Originally Posted by Grizzmyt
Wow!

They didn't surprise with the last origin character.

They began with what they called "Evil and Neutral" characters and ended with pure evil. They completely broke their word and outright lied, also not a surprise.

Thankfully this character only exists if you choose it.

Hard pass.
OK, that doesn't sound good. Ist the last origin not a fixed character? Can someone explain? I can't watch sadly.

From what I'm gathering, it's essentially a character only origin. If you play as Tav, the Dark urge doesn't exist, so it's an optional Tav with another aspect added on.

veteran
veteran
Lame-ass version of Karlach's face confirmed, apparently.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
Originally Posted by Grizzmyt
Wow!

They didn't surprise with the last origin character.

They began with what they called "Evil and Neutral" characters and ended with pure evil. They completely broke their word and outright lied, also not a surprise.

Thankfully this character only exists if you choose it.

Hard pass.
OK, that doesn't sound good. Ist the last origin not a fixed character? Can someone explain? I can't watch sadly.

From what I'm gathering, it's essentially a character only origin. If you play as Tav, the Dark urge doesn't exist, so it's an optional Tav with another aspect added on.
Ah, ok. That sounds ok.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Im a little disapointed that ears seems to stay fix part of heads. frown
Really shame ... that outrules several faces for me. frown

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
Yeah, it's origin-only. You can't find The Dark urge in the game IF you don't play as the character.

It's also... not really an actual character, strictly speaking, since you can change race, sex and class.
It's basically the equivalent of a VERY influential custom tag you can add on top of your custom character.

Last edited by Tuco; 07/07/23 04:00 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
I am blown away by the level of customization, the level of detail...it's overwhelming. There are so many permutations now, I think I will be playing this game for years both single and multiplayer.

Blackheifer
old hand
old hand
The paperboy is something like Silfy 2.0. I see all the time in my mind's eye how he grows horns on his head during the conversation. grin

C
addict
addict
C
I really like the previews of hair, face, etc. Vastly better than click click click until you find what you like

B
old hand
old hand
B
The mandatory technical hitch.

addict
addict
So far it seems absolutely awesome. And cool that they made the " Dark Urge" to have both a good and evil path.
It's essentially the " custom " origin character which was lacking so far.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
So no spoilers on the possible evil companions except Minthara, which we've known about... I'm actually happy about that. Can't wait to find out for myself.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by S2PHANE
So no spoilers on the possible evil companions except Minthara, which we've known about... I'm actually happy about that. Can't wait to find out for myself.
...I don't think there are any more unannounced companions. Unless they said something about it and I missed it?

Last edited by Tuco; 07/07/23 04:04 PM.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by virion
So far it seems absolutely awesome. And cool that they made the " Dark Urge" to have both a good and evil path.
It's essentially the " custom " origin character which was lacking so far.

I have to agree, I just hope the 'good' path of the Dark Urge isn't just 'don't choose the crazy dialogue' and have a normal playthrough, and the 'bad' path isn't the awesome path with all the cool stuff.

No way thats the whole roster, surely...

G
OP Offline
G
With excitement, "You can seduce good characters to the dark-side!"

No mention of the converse. This is one twisted studio.

In BG1 and 2 you absolutely have a paragon vibe. In all D&D games actually. This is the first title that practically twists your arm (and cuts it off) to be evil.

"C'mon, you know you want to".

A 180 degree shift.

Absolutely disturbing.

addict
addict
Oh great ... another live/chat AMA ! This didn't work last time, with Swen saying it was going too fast. He just said it again. Twice.

I understand that tech issues can arise. But do something else to occupy air time. (Insert some quotation about people doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results.)

Yeah, AMA with the audience, that can work.

__

Is that Josh Strife Hayes ? I'm curious about who was invited. Wolfheart ? Harbs Narbs ? Mortismal ? Spell & Shield ?
Tabletop D&D people ? Video game essayists Adam Millard and GMTK ? I doubt NeverKnowsBest and Noah Calwell-Gervais were (their summaries would be longer than the PFH laugh )

EDIT : Wolfheart spotted in the background.

Last edited by Drath Malorn; 07/07/23 04:19 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Are we still getting dice roll stats or only point buy?

veteran
veteran
lol, Josh with more charisma than everyone else in the room

veteran
veteran
Is the last origin companion announced yet?

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Is the last origin companion announced yet?

...I think the Dark Urge IS the final origin companion, so..yay?

Page 2 of 18 1 2 3 4 17 18

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard