G
OP Offline
G
Take cover! Barrels!

C
addict
addict
C
++ hard mode - not stat boosts, rather more enemies, better equipped enemies, more difficult terrain

veteran
veteran
huh, I wasn't interested in Monk until now. Looks very cool actually.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Unfortunately, I couldn't finish the live stream due to a real life interruption 🙁 I hope I will be able to see the rest of the panel this evening.

But from what I have seen so far, this is so, so much more than I would have ever expected.

I'll write only about the parts of the panel now that I have seen that seemed to be complete, I'll add the rest later when I've seen the whole panel.

I think the new character creation interface is much better structured than before. And the customization options are awesome - we finally have a stronger body type option, we'll have freckles and age sliders, piercings, customizable horns for Tieflings - and scars (I've been waiting for scars since patch one).
I'm quite sure that I have forgotten a lot of things - I should have been taking notes.

I really like that each class now has a little animation.

Warlocks will now have the possibility to interact with their patrons. I'm now sure that my second playthrough (or maybe even my first) will be a Pact of the Archfey Warlock.

And we will finally wear more comfortable clothes when we are in camp - sleeping in full armour was always a bit immersion-breaking for me.

I like that when you play as an origin character, you'll learn more about your character's backstory in their dreams.

I'll write about the more important parts once I've finished the panel, I want to get the full picture first.

Oh, and the tressym was very cute.
(And Vlakith was just as scary as I had imagined her to be)

addict
addict
Sven just rosted the forum. Git Gud at the game guys.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by virion

what did he say? I missed it.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
Originally Posted by virion

what did he say? I missed it.
"A couple words to those watching us, I know you will all play hardcore and then say the game is bad. We're warning you, hardcore mode is hardcore"

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Does anybody happen to know if the live stream will be available as a video later today? I'd love to see the rest, but I don't think it would make much sense to continue the live stream now, I've been missing quite a lot.

veteran
veteran
So ...
The hard mode is hidint explosive barrels all around? O_o

Originally Posted by Tuco
...Am I imagining things or Karlach's voice has changed?
I have the same feeling.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
C
addict
addict
C
Originally Posted by Lyelle
Does anybody happen to know if the live stream will be available as a video later today? I'd love to see the rest, but I don't think it would make much sense to continue the live stream now, I've been missing quite a lot.

I assume so. All the others were

addict
addict
Confirmed : you can still walk around in Continuous Time Mode while your friends are in Combat Turn-Based Mode.

Now I'm curious to see if Larian managed to fix the ambushing difficulties, and all the things that could go wrong if some of your characters are not all drawn in Combat Mode at the start of Combat. The most basic solution was to apply Turn Based Mode to every creature around ... Well, who knows, perhaps Larian did this with combat start, and the 3rd demo-er has his character far enough ... but I'm not super confident.

veteran
veteran
All the previous ones are still available to watch I think. This one should be archived too.

G
OP Offline
G
Monk does look cool, but I didn't really catch the enhancements beyond the core rules.

journeyman
journeyman
Anyone notice that when the 3rd PC stealthed into combat, the game acted EXACTLY like EA, so this means Stealth is still COMPLETELY borked. If your in stealth and there is some type of TB combat, everyone involved in TB combat is just completely frozen in place and you can ignore them, do anything you want.

This is VERY, VERY, VERY disappointing to me to see...

veteran
veteran
"this horrendous deity that she worships" *shows bhaal symbol*

oh shit!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Zyllos
Anyone notice that when the 3rd PC stealthed into combat, the game acted EXACTLY like EA, so this means Stealth is still COMPLETELY borked. If your in stealth and there is some type of TB combat, everyone involved in TB combat is just completely frozen in place and you can ignore them, do anything you want.

This is VERY, VERY, VERY disappointing to me to see...
I'm not happy about it either, but to be honest I didn't expect anything different.
More in general on a mechanical level nothing of what was in EA seems to be changed/fixed.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Honestly in regards to Tactician mode - those three made so many obvious mistakes it was painful to watch. I get where you have to be mentally to handle those fights though. My team is ready. No mods/ no cheats, no barrelmancy/ no cheese.

BRING IT!!

Blackheifer
journeyman
journeyman
Larian, you have 3 weeks to make ANY actor that approaches ANY OTHER actor in TB mode, force them into TB and roll for initiative. Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please...

You have no idea, PLEASE, change this!!!!!!!!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Honestly in regards to Tactician mode - those three made so many obvious mistakes it was painful to watch. I get where you have to be mentally to handle those fights though. My team is ready. No mods/ no cheats, no barrelmancy/ no cheese.

BRING IT!!
Speaking of which, I was more than a bit annoyed at the Larian guy that to describe the awesonemess of Hardcore mode started mentioning "Bugbear with a grenade, goblin with an explosive arrow, explosive barrels..."

JESUS CHRIST, are pyrotechnical explosion the only way you guys know to make a combat "more challenging"?

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Drath Malorn
Now I'm curious to see if Larian managed to fix the ambushing difficulties, and all the things that could go wrong if some of your characters are not all drawn in Combat Mode at the start of Combat.
Im curious if Larian managed to fix the problem, that AoE effects (like burning oil) actually happen in real time, so if your turn takes too long ... they burn out in single turn, instead of two rounds. :-/

Im not confident either.

Originally Posted by Zyllos
Anyone notice that when the 3rd PC stealthed into combat, the game acted EXACTLY like EA
I also feel urge to notice that even tho ladders were just there, litteraly one step futher to side ... the third monk decided to rather just jump off the roof, and loose 10hp. -_-

Exactly like EA ...
Exactly like Patch 1 ...
Depite several "moonbroke pathing update" in almost each patch. :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard